Christmas Home Page is back again!

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Christmas Home Page is back again!

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I have now posted the Home Page that we had this time last year, as a number of people have been looking forward to seeing it again.

Just a reminder that it uses something called Java to make the snow appear at the top above the blue box. Here is what I posted last year to help anybody who is not seeing the snow, or its box.

There may be some people who can't see the picture with the snow which is above the blue box. The reason is that this is what is known as a Java Applet, and your computer must (a) have Java installed, and (b) be enabled for it. If you are one of the unlucky ones, the following instructions will help:

Click on Start/Control Panel/Add Remove Software and see if there is an entry something like Java (TM) 6 Update 3. If there isn't, then Java software is not installed. In that case, go onto the internet, go to http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp and download and install the free software. Follow all the on-screen instructions, restart your computer and it should then be OK.

If you do have Java installed, then it may be that it is not properly enabled. To check this, go to http://www.javatester.org/enabled.html and read what it says there. If you can see in the top box the word
indeed then all should be OK. If not, you need to enable Java, so do the following:

Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools/ Internet Options and select Advanced. Scroll down to Java (Sun), and put a tick in the box which says "Use xxxxx for <applet> (requires restart)". Click OK. Then select the Security tab, highlight "Internet" in the zone window, click on Custom Level and scroll a long way down until you see the words "Scripting of Java applets". Select "Enable" and click on OK. You should also set your Security level for the internet to Medium or Medium High (mine is on the latter and it works OK for me).

Then close everything down, Restart your computer and it should all now work.

It may seem complicated, but if you print off these instructions and follow them, it should be OK. But please contact me if you have any problems.

One last point - all the files I put on Timmer's server, including these latest ones, have to pass through a commercial grade virus checker before being uploaded, so you can rest assured that you won't catch anything bad from me!

I hope you all enjoy the new page.
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Nice one Gerald, glad to see it back on.

Well done again Gerald and thank you for the great work you do.
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you John, I knew you would be the first to spot it!
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Gerald,

Excellent work yet again Gerald. I have been out all day and just come home, as usual I logged on and made the discovery. I have Java so I should be able to see everything.

I am hoping to be able to get some more 'air time' here on the coast again this Christmas season. I will perhaps concentrate on 'The Very First Christmas Of All' as to me it portrays Christmas as it should be.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Bernie, good choice of song, I think "The very First Christmas Of All" is the best Christmas record made. My friends church choir now sing it every year on Christmas eve. I have also sent it as an attachment to all my relation in America and Canada, so it will be played quite a lot this year.
Regards
John.