17th December 1996

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

17th December 1996

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Today is the 9th anniversary of Ruby's sad passing. I have been listening to CD1 of the Golden Anniversary Collection as my way of remembering this lovely singer.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

December 17th.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

How I wish that today was not a day to remember Ruby. I think about her every day of the year, she meant the world to me. Allow me to sum up my feelings in words from a beautiful song.

'You went away and my heart went with you.'

Adios Amigos. Bernie

John Harris

Post by John Harris »

Of course I also remembered Ruby on Saturday - she missed my Birthday on 16 December by only just over an hour when she died in the early hours of the following day. Also, by a strange coincidence, 17 December was the last time I saw Ruby, in Wisbech, in 1987, therefore also an interval of nine years. I managed to find time to play all my favourite Ruby recordings in the morning, before setting off on a hectic schedule of of Christmas entertainments. I have played for approx. a dozen events already, with four more coming up, including one on Christmas Day itself.
Also thought of Bernie, Julie and Tim on Saturday, and do hope to see one of Tim's concerts next year, as I had to miss the one he did here in Norfolk in March.
Have thought of a new teaser, and will post it early in the New year, if that's OK? Remember I'm a language teacher, so you won't be surprised by the sort of question I have in mind!
Compliments of the season and greetings from Norfolk to one and all,
John (Harris).