iTunes

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

iTunes

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

For any of you who might have an iPod (no, I didn't know what it was either, but you sometimes see teenagers with a small white box hanging round their neck with leads coming from it into their ears - it is an electronic music player) apparently you can download music from a website called iTunes. My son, who knows about such things, has told me that a new release has been put there called "itunes Essentials" and features a selection of 50s classic songs. It seems that Ruby's "Softly, Softly" is included in this list.

This link will take you to the iTunes website, but you can't see much unless you install the relevant software http://www.apple.com/itunes

Good news, though, that our favourite singer has been brought into the 21st Century way of listening to music.
Gerald

Sandy

Ipod & itunes

Post by Sandy »

Further to Gerald's post. If you have an Ipod or mp3 player and have your favourite music already on your pc hard drive you can import it into your Itunes page (or whichever mp3) which you will have downloaded when you got the Ipod or mp3.
I use my Ipod regularly and can swap and change the songs if need be.
I have uploaded music from Itunes online. 79p is it now?

Jk

Downloads

Post by Jk »

Hi, just to add, you can download a lot of Ruby Murray songs for 59p from Woolworths. http://www.woolworths.co.uk/ww_p2/searc ... stid=27229 click on the link and it should take you to the site.
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thanks for that John. Good to see that they are selling all five CDs that are featured on the new Home Page.

The advice is - if you need any songs to add to your collection, you can find most of them on these five, and they are in the shops right now.
Gerald

TheIrishInMe

Post by TheIrishInMe »

I have Ruby's catalogue on my Ipod!

David

iTunes

Post by David »

I have 48 of Ruby's songs on my iPod. I need to add the songs from the box set onto it.

To any of you on this site who do not have an iPod yet, I highly recommend getting one! The best thing is that you can buy a docking station, which turns the iPod into a small stereo, and listen to the music without headphones. I rarely use my CD player at home anymore. It is amazing to have thousands of songs on one little piece of plastic.