Mission Accomplished

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
MARTIN FOSTER

Re: Mission Accomplished

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Good luck to Tim. At least it seems he has the weather for it this week.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Frends,

I feel quite sad that I was unable to visit the Crematorium today on the anniversary of Ruby's birthday, it is comforting however that our son Tim is there as I write. He has promised to carry out a general tidy up and to take some photos for me. The years fly by so quickly and the older we get the faster the time flies. Ruby would have been 77 yrs old today, to think that she left us when she was only 61yrs is hard to believe.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

It is with great fondness that we fans remember Ruby's birthday yesterday. I was in London last Friday and paid a visit to the City of London Crematorium where the ashes of my parents are sprinkled. My dad died a long time ago, in 1970, but my mum died in 1996 one week after Ruby and so these two passings are always linked in my mind. I am pleased to say that the rose bed in which the two plaques are located looked very tidy, and the rose bush which they share is nicely pruned for the coming flowering season. As they share a large rose bed with about 20 other people, there is no scope for personalising their plot without interfering with others, so the question of white stones for them does not arise. However, the bed is well below grass level, and the grass and edges are always nicely cut, which is not the same as for Ruby's.

I am sure Tim will have done a good job in tidying up and laying flowers in Torquay, and as Martin says, the weather this year has been amazing for the month of March. I am working on changing the Home Page to a more sunny one, using some photographs that very few people will have seen before. However, this is taking longer than I thought it would (due to me having forgotten how to do it - another bad sign of growing old, eh Bernie?) but I will get there in the end, so please keep your eye open for Home Page changes.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I can happily report that Tim has carried out a successful mission to the Crematorium and has done a great job - all is well.

Adios Amigos.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends.

Gerald will be uploading a photo later

Adios Amigos Bernie

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

...and here is a copy of the photo, which can be found in the library under Photographs.

I think we should thank Tim Murray for making such a good job of getting it all neat and tidy again for the anniversary of Ruby's birthday. Well done, Tim! :)
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

When Tim arrived at the Crematorium he discovered that a very kind person had placed some daffodils in the flower pot on the marble plinth. Quite rightly he didn't want to remove them for fear of upsetting the person who kindly placed them there. He decided to place a single rose from me in the earth at the head of the headstone, leaving the daffodils in place. I just wish that I could find out who this kind person is who places flowers on the plinth on a regular basis because I would dearly like to show my thanks and appreciation.

The white stone chippings that I carefully arranged around the marble plinth are now conspicuous by their absence - Pity.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Shame about the white chippings Bernie but it does look nice and neat and the flowers are lovely. I also wonder who the kind person is who leaves these flowers?