Plaque Unveiling Confirmed

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

See the posting "Plaque - Tremendous Success" for some information about video and press cuttings in the Library.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

In posting a reply to a message I am bringing this posting back to the top of the list. I hope that by bringing it back into prominence the viewing figures might continue to accumulate and help it to the dizzy heights of 3000 viewers. It is struggling a little but another little nudge might just edge it's way toward 3000 viewers, a nice round figure.

Adios Amigos. Bernie

Gerald Lawrence

Between us we have posted a number of personal views, many photographs, some press cuttings, some links to other websites, and some video taken at the event.

I would just like to ask if everyone feels that the coverage here as been sufficient, or if there is anything else anyone would like to see. For example, I have some more video taken during the ceremony, but I don't want to take up valuable server storage space if it would not be of any interest. I also know that some other people still have some photographs that we have not seen yet.

Let us know your views.
Gerald

rbl.ca

More photos?

Post by rbl.ca »

Hello, Gerald.

I would suggest that members show their photos as I displayed the videocam images of 'The Gang at City Hall' (to save storage space).

One can make a Word file, and Insert his images into it. Then, using his FTP program, put that file on his free web space (provided by most ISPs).
Finally, one has only to copy the URL of his webspace/photo file into a message on the Forum.

Let's hope that more photos are displayed.
Regards.
Ralph

Bernie Burgess

Post subject.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Gerald.
I've just this minute arrived back from my trip to Fuengirola, in the Costa Del Sol. The bus trip takes between 10 and 11 hours. I had to visit Frank Bowles to retrieve all my personal photos of Ruby/Family shots/Celebrity shots. etc. that had been printed in the new book, I couldn't risk losing them in the post. They are safely stowed once more.

Regarding your additional data from the unveiling. I am quite sure that everyone will be keen to see whatever you have Gerald, please let us see the data. You have had assurances from Timmer about space so I feel sure that he would be as keen as all of us to see what you have. I am very excited about it. - Go Gerald.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Well it seems that two members of this forum would like to see some more of the plaque unveiling. I am sure there must be others who are too shy to let me know.

So I have placed in the Video section of the Library the sequence which I took during the tribute given by the Lord Mayor of Belfast. I do hope you enjoy it.
Gerald

rbl.ca

Video

Post by rbl.ca »

Hello, Gerald.

Your video is excellent, with clear audio.
Well done.

Thanks from one of those fans who couldn't be there.

Regards. Ralph

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Gerald,

The importance of your latest posting, the video sequence of the Lord Mayor of Belfast delivering his speech, prior to the unveiling of the commemorative plaque to Ruby, is truly a remarkable piece of history. It records the highlight of this very memorable event, well done indeed Gerald. What other pieces of great interest do you still have up your sleeve?

I am very excited about seeing more, including photos, - yours and others who took pictures on this historic occasion.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Gerald,

Welcome back from your Highlands tour, I do hope that the dreaded 'midges' didn't have a detrimental effect and put you off the Highlands of Scotland.
I have chosen to place this message in this situation because you previously stated that you had more little treasures, from the now famous unveiling in Belfast, that you were considering showing to the eargerly awaiting viewers. I think I speak for most of them when I say - bring on the treasures, we are all very keen to see what you have.

I am also of the belief that John Harris (he from over there in Norfolk) has quite a batch to reveal. It would be great to see those as well.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

John Harris

Post by John Harris »

Am still patiently waiting for an address to which I can post my Belfast photos - they have been ready for some weeks now!
Kind regards to all,
John (from Norfolk).

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I know that Gerald is hard pressed at this moment so I feel that I might be putting too much pressure on him to upload the rest of the treasures that he brought back from Belfast. As keen as I am to view them all, I will be patient Gerald - sorry.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Post Subject

Bernie Burgess wrote:Hello Friends,

I know that Gerald is hard pressed at this moment so I feel that I might be putting too much pressure on him to upload the rest of the treasures that he brought back from Belfast. As keen as I am to view them all, I will be patient Gerald - sorry.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.
Thanks for the understanding. It's bad news, I am afraid. The next sequence of video that I have been working on in my spare time decided to crash last night! So it is back to square one on that. In case anyone is wondering, it will be Bernie's tribute speech before the unveiling.
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

OK friends, thanks to some good error recovery built into the video editing that I use, I have today been able to upload the video which I took at the unveiling ceremony when Bernie was giving his touching tribute to our dear Ruby. Many of us there found it very moving, with quite a few watery eyes in the audience, so I have decided to put it all with no cuts into our Library.

As a result of it being unabridged, and because the tribute lasts around 11 minutes in all, the resulting file is quite large (just over 18 MB). I apologise to those of you who are not on broadband, but I just hope you think the wait during download is worthwhile.

Please follow the links at the top of this page to the Library, then select the Video Area to find the file.
Gerald

spudmurph

plaque veiling confirmed

Post by spudmurph »

Hello Gerald

I had to write to say that I have just watched your video of Bernie's tribute to Ruby. It was beautiful. I am sorry that I was unable to attend on the day but it's nice to see more of the tribute than just the clips that were on the local news.

Kathleen Murphy

spudmurph

plaque veiling confirmed

Post by spudmurph »

Gerald,

Kathleen again. I also meant to say thank you in my last posting for taking the trouble to add this video.

Kathleen