Plaque Unveiling Confirmed

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
rbl.ca

Posing for the WebCam at City Hall

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, everyone.

You're right, Bernie. The group of Ruby's fans gathered for the WebCam at City Hall should definitely assemble inside the gates (in front of the more-centered pillar would be good). Since the WebCam is looking north up Donegall Place, the view would probably be optimal in late morning or early afternoon. At mid-day in March, the shadow of City Hall may be cast over this area at the gates.

I might also suggest that someone create a tastefully-designed placard or sign (large enough to be read in the WebCam images) for you all to display, so as to identify the group as Ruby fans. Then, since faces will be difficult to identify, at least the world will know who you are collectively, and why you're all there.

I hope you all have a wonderful time there, and that the ceremony and subsequent conversations are a great rejoicing for the pleasure that Ruby brought to all of us.

Best wishes.
Ralph Lortie

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hello Ralph, thank you for your kind comments. You have given me a good idea with the suggestion of identifying ourselves, and I will see what I can come up with.

We change our clocks here on Saturday evening, so when we get to Belfast, it will be one hour further forward than currently, so that will in fact give us a bit more daylight in the afternoon. If the event had been in mid-summer, then we could have had daylight in Belfast until very late in the evening!

So, would there be any special time that fits in both with your suggestion, and your ability to log on and check that we are doing it properly?
Gerald

rbl.ca

Best time for WebCam

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, Gerald.

It really doesn't matter to me. Whatever time is best for the WebCam shots, and for all of you, I'll be online watching every image, and saving several of them.

I'm looking forward to it.
Regards.
Ralph

Bernie Burgess

Post subject.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Regarding our 'pose' for the camera.

When I downloaded a shot from the webcam a couple of days ago, the clock on the building opposite read 5pm.- local time, (as of tonight the hour obviously changes). The lighting was almost perfect then because the street in the background was in the shadow and the foreground was in sunlight. As a consequence, the street and the traffic were not as visible as things in the sunlit foreground, which is where we should be standing?????? Of course, that is always assuming that we are blessed with sunlight on our special day.

Any thoughts on this anyone?

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Aaron2006

Transportation on Strike

Post by Aaron2006 »

Hi all

Just to let those who may wish to use public transport this coming Tuesday in Northern Ireland

There will be a large strike on Tuesday 28th March 2006.

visit this site for details.

www.utvlive.com/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=71687

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Post subject.

Bernie Burgess wrote:Hello Friends,

Regarding our 'pose' for the camera.

When I downloaded a shot from the webcam a couple of days ago, the clock on the building opposite read 5pm.- local time, (as of tonight the hour obviously changes). The lighting was almost perfect then because the street in the background was in the shadow and the foreground was in sunlight. As a consequence, the street and the traffic were not as visible as things in the sunlit foreground, which is where we should be standing?????? Of course, that is always assuming that we are blessed with sunlight on our special day.

Any thoughts on this anyone?

Adios Amigo. Bernie.
It seems it is going to be raining in Belfast on Wednesday, and if we assemble after the ceremony, we are dependent on when it ends and what is happening after it. So may I suggest we meet at 1.00 pm (that is British Summer Time) on Wednesday in front of the camera, and then we have a short walk to Ulster Hall for the proceedings. Would that be OK for those going, and for those who want to watch out for us?

We will have something with us to make us recognisable!

We have to hope, of course, that (a) the strike does not stop us from getting there, and (b) the camera is actually working (it did not seem to be yesterday, although at the moment it is OK, there is a blood donor wagon outside the gates - perhaps they have a bit to spare?)
Gerald

Sandy

City Hall

Post by Sandy »

Just don't consider meeting at City Hall in the morning because the Unions are forming up there for a march to Transport House!!!!!

Gerald Lawrence

As long as they are Ruby Murray fans, they are welcome to join us and make the New Fan Club look larger!
Gerald

Sandy

City Hall

Post by Sandy »

As you were! Of course it is tomorrow (Tues) when the march takes place. What am I?

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Firstly, about the strike gathering, I have been told that the assembly is only tomorrow, - not the 29th. Hopefully my information is correct and if so, we are in the clear. Next, I have dared it to 'rain on our parade' and I have every confidence I will prevail. If the rally for the strike continues through into Wednesday the 29th, which is doubtful, as Gerald says, if they are all Ruby Murray fans they can stay, if not they will have to play somewhere else.

Lastly the timing. I have been asked to do an interview for a radio station at 12-30pm and I am being taken there and brought back. I checked the locality of the radio station and I am assured that it is very close and that I can easily make it to the gates of City Hall for 1pm. Let us confirm that our gathering will be at the gates for 1pm and I'll get there, come what may.

If we are rained off at 1-00pm, we could always take another look at the weather to see if we could make another attempt at 5-30pm(all times being local), even if it's for our own video and camera shots for posterity???

We are in the home straight now friends, hold tight for the final few strides.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

John Harris

Tomorrow, tomorrow!

Post by John Harris »

Now setting off; shall soon be on my way, staying in London overnight, flying from Stansted early tomorrow morning. Should have plenty of time to get to Belfast City Hall well before 1 a.m. Looking forward very much to seeing Bernie, Tim and Julie again, and to meeting everyone else. Shall have to leave you all approx. 5 p.m., but think that should leave enough time for socializing, tea, etc. Hope so!
John (Harris) from Norfolk.

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

Mytc

Post by Mytc »

Really appreciate the link Timmer, thanks a lot. :D
'Que Sera Sera'

Tomorrow is another day.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Despite the fact that the unveiling has now past, the viewing numbers for the posting of it still go on increasing. Long may it continue.

I am eargerly awaiting the posting of Gerald and Sandy's photographs. Perhaps John might have few to contribute. If I remember correctly, Frank Bowles took some shots too so, if I can get him to register, we might have a continual feast of photographs. It was good to hear from those who were unable to attend, for example, Martin, that the use of photos etc. made them feel part of the great event.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Plaque Unveiling Confirmed

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends.

It will be interesting to see if, by bringing this posting back to the top of the file, it will continue to swell in viewing numbers. Of course there must be a large number of people that are re-visiting the site, but nevertheless, to reach nearly 2 and a half thousand is simply amazing. Perhaps we should have a competition to see who can guess where the figure will be at a certain time or date?

Adios Amigos. Bernie