Site info

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
MARTIN FOSTER

Re: Site info

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Thanks to Timmer and Gerald for their work in maintaining our site.

Gerald, how about using "Spring, spring spring" as an idea for the spring homepage or something especially for St Patrick's day? I'm sure you will do us proud whatever you come up with.

Martin.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you kindly, Martin :oops:

While we are waiting for Timmer to fix access to our main Library, I have been investigating and found a way of accessing a very early library which he created not long after the website itself became live. Thanks to a number of donations from fans, he was able to create a set of photos and stories for us to have a look at. So I have made a small change to the Home Page, and you will see a couple of entries called "Mini Library". If you click on those, you will find some photos and stories that have been missing from the website for too long!

I hope you enjoy these again, if you have seen them before, and if not, then I hope you enjoy them for the first time.
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Our full Library is back with us! :D
Timmer has been busy this weekend working on the website, and has been able to restore the Library for us. We can access it again for downloading, and he has also tried a test uploading of a new test file. I haven't yet done this, but I am sure it too will be possible. It may not be possible, however, for all members to upload new items, so don't be alarmed if you happen to be one of those who cannot do this.
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello, it is great to have the library back up and running. Thanks Tim for fixing it up for us.
Anyone want anything uploading just send me whatever, I will do the rest.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends

I would like to add my grateful thanks and appreciation to Timmer for all his hard work in getting the broken Library repaired and back into operation. I can now look forward to getting the photos that I took on my last mission to the Crematorium uploaded and to link them up with the story that I wrote about that mission.

The return of the Library also means that friends/fans will be able to see the publicity that might be obtained in connection with the 'Tribute to Ruby Murray Show' when it takes place. The aim of the organisers of this show is to be able to enhance their chances of getting the local council to agree to sanctioning a local street, or road, to be named after Ruby.

I am currently looking at what material we can use for the show. Tim, our son, will perhaps perform a medley of his Mother's hits and Julie, our daughter, will no doubt join him and sing duets. I will possibly add something verbaly, or, if I can get around the technicalities, I might be able to sing a duet with Julie, possibly 'A Pretty Irish Girl'

I will keep everyone informed on progress.

Adios Amigos, Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Many thanks to Timmer and Gerald for sorting this issue out for us.

Now that we are up and running again, I wonder if any kind, generous and knowledgeable soul might be able to upload a video of 'Ruby and the Duke' to the library for us poor fans that missed it (cue the violins).

Best wishes.

Martin :-)

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin,

I was lucky, the producer sent two copies of the programme to me, (for which I was most grateful), after we had completed the programme, and seeing as you have been a really stalwart fan I will do my best to get the second copy to you, your efforts in connection with the website deserve to be rewarded. I have your postal address so I will wrap it up and get in the post ASAP.

You will see that the editor had a very severe cutting job on his hands. There was just over 30 hours of interviews which had to be cut down for it to fit into an hour long programme - minus adverts, so the editing floor was littered with the cuttings, which sadly incuded all of Gerald's contibution. This annoyed me intensely because what Gerald had to say was far more important than some of the ones that were included. Now I must hope that the producer and the editor doesn't log on and see my comments.

Adios Amigo, Bernie,

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Thank you Bernie very very much, I am delighted!:-)

Gerald Lawrence

I am pleased to say that we now have the ability to upload and download to and from the library again, as you may have seen from the change in links on the Home page.

I am also experimenting with a method to allow new members to Register on the forum so as to be able to join us in posting messages, rather than just reading them. It may involve a certain amount of monitoring of new members to make sure they are genuine, but I am prepared to do that. But I hope it doesn't get to the same level as it did last time!

As a result, I have released this thread from being "Sticky" so it will not stay permanently at the top.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Thank you Gerald!