The Ruby Murray Story on Facebook.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

The Ruby Murray Story on Facebook.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I spent the entire morning today listening to 'The Ruby Murray Story'. It has been posted on Vince Tracy's Facebook page. Vince was/is a Radio Presenter and is currently uploading some of his work onto his Facebook page. A few years ago Vince invited me to the studios of an English speaking Radio Station with a view to interviewing me in connection with Ruby's career, I readily accepted the invitation and he set to and produced a two part story of Ruby's life. The recording was done in two seperate parts which have been joined up to make one long story. On completion he invited me to hear the end product, that was some time ago. Yesterday he sent me an email explaining that he had uploaded the entire story onto his Facebook page. I sat listening intently to the story which held my interest for over an hour.

Despite the fact that I am so very closely involved, I am of the belief that it really is a great story. It has everything - Childhood Memories - Touring shows - Struggle - Success -Con Men - Love - Hearbreak - Humour - Breakdown - and 'The Problem'. Vince persuaded me to narrate the story and I think(?) I did a pretty good job of telling the story.

I am sure that Rubys Fans/Friends would be interested in listening, at least I hope so. I recommend that they log onto Facebook and find Vince's page.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: The Ruby Murray Story on Facebook.

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

It is good to see some more publicity for our Ruby, and I will log in and have a listen as soon as I am able to. I remember meeting Vince myself, and thinking what a good chap he is, and clearly doing a good job for us. I am sure between the two of you there is something to be proud of and worth listening to. Many thanks, Bernie.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Re: The Ruby Murray Story on Facebook.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I wonder how many Fans/Friends have noticed my two deliberate(?) mistakes whilst narrating The Ruby Murray Story? (Answers on a postcard please)

This takes us back to when I posed various questions on the website which became quite competitive amongst the membership. The leading light on those quizzes was our friend John Kendal. John has been quite poorly for some time but I'm sure we all wish him well. Keep up the good work John.

Adios Amigos Bernie