Tribute to Ruby Murray show in Belfast.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Re: Tribute to Ruby Murray show in Belfast.

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

The Video has arrived!

If you click on this link you will be taken to a website where you can view and download the video of the tribute show.

Tribute Video

Bernie has asked me to point out that the contribution by him and his family begins about 14 minutes into the video, just after the young lady in red dancing to Softly, Softly. I think they are all very good.

I do not know how long this link will last for, but it is certainly working at the moment. Please post if you have any difficulties in watching it.
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi. I really don't know how to start this one, I notice Gerald you said they where all very good and left it at that. Well I would say to anyone watching this video to grab the bar at the bottom and forward it 13 Minuets, and from then on it is quite good. I thought Bernie did very well for his age, even go as far and say he sounded better now than he did when he sang with Ruby, oh dear I'M in trouble now. Julie was very good, but Tim was really good and of course he sang Evermore which pleased me. I did have quite a bit of buffering, but that could be my desktop computer which is getting past it's life time, so I will play the video again on my laptop which has much better specs.
All in all well done to everyone involved.
Regards
John.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi guys,

Thanks for making this video available for us. I really enjoyed the lady in red dancer and of course all of the singing contributions from Bernie, Tim and Julie. I also liked the general atmosphere of the show. There was a real 'hooley' feeling to the night and a community spirit which really came across. I can't recall the name of the lady singer in the pink dress but I wish she had learnt her lyrics beforehand! I enjoyed her too though.

Best wishes to all.

Martin

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends

I would like to point out that, as I said right at the beginning, the tribute show was never going to be a professional affair, it took place in the same school hall where Ruby went to school. None of the participants were PROFESSIONAL, they were merely local people living in the area where Ruby was born and grew up who had never sung on stage in their lives before. I must add that I admired their courage, it takes a lot of 'guts' to walk on stage, for some it was the very first time, and give a singing performance. I remember all too well my very first entrance on stage, I was absolutely terrified.

Julie was terrified too and seeing as we had never ever appeared together on stage as a unit, we were all very nervous, I know that I was. Even though Tim is an established stage performer he was very nervous about singing 'Somwhere' for the very first time, did any notice the 'fluff'???

It naturally follows that there had to be blemishes, perhaps many, but all told it was a very brave performance. which hopefully will result in the main aim of giving their plan impetus of having a park named after Ruby.

Adios Amigos. Bernie