Teaser from Norfolk

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
John Harris

Teaser from Norfolk

Post by John Harris »

Can you identify a word which appears in the titles of six of Ruby's songs - once as the only word, twice as part of a longer word (first and second half respectively), and three times in full sentences (one of which is an invitation and another a well-known saying)? Please name all six titles!
John from Norfolk.

Graham Bunn

Johns Teaser

Post by Graham Bunn »

John,
Lets go with the following

Heart
Heartbeat
Sweetheart Of All my Dreams
Come Into My Heart
Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder
I Can't Get You Out Of My Heart

Best Wishes
Graham

John Harris

Post by John Harris »

Super, Graham! Well, that lasted less than half an hour! I don't know why I imagined it might cause any difficulty! Will have to put my thinking-cap on again!
Do you hope to be able to come to Belfast? It would be great to meet you, with all the others, always assuming I can get there myself - we'll have to see.
John.

Bernie Burgess

Teaser From Norfolk

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Well done Graham,

You were that fast John's ink didn't have a chance to dry.

How many gold stars did you receive for that - 6??????

Adios Amigo. Bernie,

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Well done Graham, I would never have got that one so I am very impresssed!

I was just wondering if anybody knows of a Ruby impersonator from the fifties called Maureen Evans. Apparently she recorded "Goodbye Jimmy, Goodbye". Has anybody heard this single?

I was also wondering if Ruby ever had elecution lessons as her phrasing, pronunciation and diction is always so perfect on her recordings. Perhaps Bernie knows the answer to that one.

Hope everyone is well and having a good 2006 so far. Well done on all your hard work for the plaque Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin,

I know several fans/friends who will be very familiar with the subject of the Maureen Evans recording and I wouldn't mind betting that they reply to you on it.

As for Ruby's vocal ability, no, she never had lessons as such, she was a complete natural. I can tell you that she always under estimated her own ability. What always surpised me was how she could lay back off the beat and never ever missed one. It was always amazing to her how she ever became a star, and she was always very down to earth, in fact downright humble about her acheivements. There will never ever be anyone quite like her, she was quite unique.

I am so pleased that someone like you, from another generation, appreciates RUBY. Thank you Martin.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Thanks for your comments Bernie.

Martin.