Welcome to our FIRST New Member

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Welcome to our FIRST New Member

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I am pleased to announce that we now have our first New Member since registrations were opened to this Forum :D

His name is Jack and I invite him to Reply to this Topic with some words indicating his links with Ruby Murray.

Welcome!
Gerald

Jack

Re: Welcome to our FIRST New Member

Post by Jack »

Morning Gerald,
Thank you for your introduction.

I first met Ruby in North Africa in 1957 when she was doing a forces tour. She gave me a signed publicity photo of herself,saying it was her favourite. I was going to forward my copy of the photograph, but I see it is already in the "Mini Library ". ( the 14Th. item - Sandy Everett's pictures that start with a colour picture -Frankie Howard - .It's the 5Th. picture down - Ruby sitting beneath a tree.

In exchange for the picture I gave Ruby an electric heater - borrowed from the station hospital. In January in the Libyan desert it can be very cold at nights. Ruby and Marie were frozen stiff in their quarters in the night they arrived.

Ruby told me that the photograph had been taken in Kelvin Grove Park in Glasgow when she had been doing a show there. It became one of my favourites also. About 20 years ago I was in the park with Pat, my wife and the kids. Although that tree was still there, the bridge palisade she was sitting on, seemed to have changed.

Jack

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Jack. Welcome to the site, I am so pleased you have made a posting, and a very good story too. We have lots of members that have joined over the years yet never take the time to post, so thank you for yours.

Hope you got my welcoming email.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Welcome Jack,

Thanks for your first posting, we look forward to hearing more of your stories in connection with your meetings with Ruby. Keep 'em coming Jack.

Adios Amigo, Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I have been looking again at the photograph which you mention in your posting, Jack, and I have to say it must be one of the nicest we have in the library. Ruby looks so lovely, and so nice and relaxed.

If only I had been a few years older..... :(

:wink:
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Yes but I would have beat you to it.
Regards
John.