A New Mural has appeared in Belfast

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

A New Mural has appeared in Belfast

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hi folks, Bernie has sent me a new picture for uploading, and the following one is now in the Library under Miscellaneous Images.

It is not perfect in detail, but it is nice to see that there are some more people living in Belfast who appreciate what Ruby did for their city. I will leave Bernie to post the details about how he got it.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Re: A New Mural has appeared in Belfast

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends

From the start of negotiations in connection with the 'Tribute' show I have liased with Billy Dickson, a local man who is still living in the area where Ruby lived and was brought up. He is a very knowledgable man who sits on several committees of which one or two are connected to life in the 'Village'. He has emailed me several important items including details about murals of Ruby that are on display in the ' Village' as it is now referred to. This latest mural is quite striking but with one small reservation, ---mistakes in the facts. Of course it would not be possible to correct the mistakes now so they will have to remain.

Gerald suggested that we invite members to itemise the mistakes in the details on this latest mural which is a good idea. Take a good long look at the mural as a whole and count up how many mistakes can you pick out.

Answers on a post card please. ( Perhaps it would be better if you 'posted' your answers.)

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Don't Ruby's eyes look beautiful on that main picture on the mural?

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

One error I immediately noticed was that Ruby's first single reached number three in the charts. I presume they are talking about 'Heartbeat' but wasn't Ruby's first single 'Get well soon' that unfotunately didn't do as well?