Another genuine NEW member has joined us!

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Another genuine NEW member has joined us!

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

We have a new member - Tommy Mackay - and I am sure you join me in welcoming him to our Forum :D
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Another genuine NEW member has joined us!

We now have two new members, Rebecca and Jane, who are both related to Ruby.

Welcome to both of you, and we look forward to reading your posts.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Welcome to you all and hope you enjoy this website. Please leave us a post and let us know how you became interested in Ruby and her music.

Best wishes.

Martin.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello all new members, good to have you on the Ruby website, hope you enjoy all the info we have, I am sure you will be pleased with everything you see. It would be nice if you posted some info about yourselves so we can see what interest you had with Ruby Murray.
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Just to let you all know that I have authorised another new member, whose name is Erik. He too is related to Ruby and I send him a warm welcome and look forward to reading his posts about Ruby.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

A very warm welcome to the new members. I am fascinated to read that amongst them are a few that are related to Ruby. I would dearly love to hear from them and to find out just how they are related. The thought occurs that they might be my ex Inlaws.

There is plenty of interest on the Forum, please stay around and - 'Read All About It'.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

This is a message for JANE the recently new member,

I have received your message, which I read with interest. To answer your question regarding whether any of the Connolly family are members of the Forum - Not as far as I know, if there are any they haven't made themselves known to me.

You mentioned Ruby's family members in Canada. We went to visit them when Ruby was booked to appear in a Canadian T.V. show called 'The Pig & Whistle' which I think was around 1970ish. I therefore met Aunts Margaret and Lillian and their brother Sam. As you may recall Ruby's sister Lillian was brought up living with Aunt Lillian in Canada. Sadly Lillian (Ruby's sister) became a victim of Alzheimer's and passed away some months ago. She had a daughter - Janice who lives in Canada and can be found on Facebook, her surname is Duffy-Darvell. Ruby's other sister - Patsy was born in Canada but later lived in Belfast and then London

I can recall that Ruby had an Uncle who was killed in the war but I am not sure whether he was a member of the Murray side or the Connolly. I do know that Ruby thought the world of him and spoke about him frequently.

As you may know Winnie (Ruby's mother)passed away and so did Ruby's bother Jack and her sister Patsy. They both had children who are thiving, some of whom are in London and some in Belfast. Two of Jack's sons (Ruby's brother) are serving in the Police Force, one in London and the other is in a police force somewhere in the South Pacific. The one in London was named after his Father - Jack, he was nicknamed 'Wee' Jack to save confusion. He also can be found on Facebook and he regularly communicates with Janice Duffy-Darwell in Canada and in fact recently flew to Canada to meet up with her and other members of the Connolly family.

I hope that information is not too confusing for you. If there are any other questions you might like to ask please feel free to contact me via my personal email address which is;- bernieburgess@terra.es

Kindest regards Bernie.
Last edited by Bernie Burgess on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

This is a Post Script to the previous message to JANE the recent new member.

You mentioned Ruby's Uncle who lived In Walworth in London. If you search through the photograph sections you will be able to find a photo of Ruby standing outside his house, she is talking to his neighbours. I am not too sure but there is another photo that could possibly be her Uncle - have a search and you could well find it. Let me know whether you are successful.

I have just searched through the photo section and found the two photos that would interest you. Here is the the route to take:-

From the Home Page CLICK on - FULL LIBRARY on top left. Go to SELECT LIBRARY AREA and CLICK on it to drop a box down. Go to PHOTOS and CLICK on it then CLICK on SHOW AREA . A row of numbers is shown across the top - CLICK on number 28 and CLICK on the camera icon. That will show a photo of Ruby playing a record and I think the man with her is perhaps the Uncle you refer to. Next CLICK on PAGE 29 and the top photo shows Ruby talking to her Uncle's neighbours. - Good luck!

Regards, Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Hello again to Jack, Jane, Rebecca, Tommy and Erik! :D

I am sure I am not alone in wondering when you plan to post a message about your interests in Ruby for us to read and enjoy. You and I have all been through the lengthy process of validating your application for membership, so it would be a pity not to benefit from the final outcome of joining in with you in sharing our interests related to Ruby.

Come on, don't be shy - we are all friendly here! :)
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello and welcome to our new members. I agree entirely with Gerald you should make a posting and let us know your interest in Ruby, it will only take a few minutes of your time. You must have had a reason to become a member so lets hear it.
Regards
John.