A History Of Rubys early Career.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

A History Of Rubys early Career.

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Ruby fans,

I don't contribute to the website very often but always follow what is going on.......It's nice to talk about Ruby and get other peoples views on why they think she was popular......I think she was wonderful and also knew her but only as a fan......She had a wonderful career making records from the fifties into the seventies but of course her heyday was the fifties..........Now if you are really a fan you must go into ebay and purchase the C.D of all her early press cuttings and photographs,it gives you an insight into how popular she was........I think most of the information is obtained from the New Musical Express and there are 179 items.......My copy only arrived today so I have lot of reading to do........Please note I am viewing mine through a computer and it is fascinating information and so nice to see all the names from the past.

As I said at the start so nice to talk about Ruby but what a bonus to have the information that started this all off........(no money is coming my way for the sale of this C.D but I do believe in sharing a good thing relating to Ruby when it comes along ,so go out and buy)

Take Care
Graham.
Graham

Bernie Burgess

Re: A History Of Rubys early Career.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Graham,

The information you give regarding a C.D.is very interesting, I must buy one myself although I daresay I will have the majority of the cuttings amongst my memorabilia.

I don't find it easy looking items up on ebay, put it down to my age, but if you would kindly send me an email giving me some kind of directions as to how to track the C.D, down I would appreciate it.

I still take occasional glances at the photo you sent me of your magnificant garden, it really is a beautiful sight. Having gardens for me is a thing of the past, at Rectory Cottage we had close to half an acre with 3 lawns and lots of flower beds, on the Isle of Skye I had 4 and half acres, I hasten to add the biggest percentage of that was common grazing land but I did have a large vegetable plot. My garden today is a plant trough on the balcony which I have to keep watered due to the heat.

Good to see you name on the Message Board once again

Kindest regard to you and your wife.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Graham, good to see your name back on the board. The link for the the CD is
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ruby-Murray-U ... 3cca84de55
They have a few in stock for those who are interested.
Regards
John.

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

Just looking on Last FM site again...(see previous post) and if you look at the number of people listening to various Ruby Murray tracks and the comments she is certainly still appreciated!

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Great to see you posting again Graham, please do post more messages as we miss your contributions.

Thanks for the information on the cd as well.

Martin

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I have solved the problem regarding my account wth eBay being in Spanish and with the help of John's link my daughter is bringing a copy with her when she comes on a visit in October.

My thanks to John for posting the link - Thanks John.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I have just got my copy of the DVD (not a CD as it is claimed by the seller) and I agree with you, Graham, that there is a lot of exciting reading to be done! Thank you so much for pointing it out to us, and good to see that someone has gone to all the trouble of scanning in many issues of the NME to get the results.
Gerald