The Importance of March

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

The Importance of March

Post by Bernie Burgess »

March sees two important events which I am hoping will prompt a few new messages. March 17th is the day for 'wearing of the green' and the 29th. is the anniversary of Ruby's birthday.

Let's hear from you friends.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

guider

Re: The Importance of March

Post by guider »

March has another Important Anniversary for me now. I recently purchased the Cd which is mentioned and contains Press cuttings of Ruby.
I always remembered seeing her for the 1st time and knew I was around 11 years of age but could never remember the date etc. Well I got the CD and started the search...oto my GREAT Surprise there it was, the Ad saying Ruby was to appear at Leeds Empire on march 2nd 1959 !!!
Yes I was 11 (my 12th Birthday was in the April) so now I know for sure.
1st time I saw Ruby live was March 2nd 1959 at Leeds Empire Theatre. She wore a pale blue dress with lots of sequins !! I sat quite near the front on the right hand side.
I have NO IDEA who (If anyone) else was on. I only went to see RUBY !!!!
Ahhh, memories !!!!
Best wishes
Betty

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

That's a nice story Betty. You are very lucky to have seen Ruby live in concert as well as hearing her sing on her records.

Yes Bernie, March is a major month and both are a good reason to listen to Ruby's music!

guider

Post by guider »

Thanks Martin, yes I was VERY Lucky, that Year, my Mother wasn't known for taking up places but she finally gave in and agreed to take me.(I must have REALLY NAGGED HER LOL) I can still see Ruby in my mind.
Several years later my Husband came home and informed me we were going out to a Concert, wasn't too impressed with that so asked why. he just casually said he thought I might like to see Ruby Murray again. I thought he was joking (But he's not that brave LOL) following Year we saw her again at Leeds City Varieties.
Seeing her was amazing but to actually speak to her and have a picture taken with her was beyond anything I could imagine.
Peter took the pic the 1st Year and I gave the photo to Ruby the following year. We still have the negatives and keep saying "ONE DAY" we will sort through them cause I want that one in a Frame.
Best wishes
Betty

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Well if you do get the negatives developed Betty, please try and put a copy in our library as we would love to see it.

Martin

guider

Post by guider »

Next time Peter goes up there I will tell him to bring down the box of Negatives and I will start the search in Earnest. fingers crossed !
Best wishes
Betty