A Birthday Anniversary

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

A Birthday Anniversary

Post by Bernie Burgess »

MARCH 29th.

Today is the anniversary of Ruby's birthday. I still think of her everyday of my life, I still feel her presence and frequently view the albums of our photos. Our Daughter Julie has travelled down from London to Torquay to tend Ruby's resting place, a duty that I normally carry out each March 29th. She will place a red rose on her grave on my behalf with the usual message -

" .... No Matter What"

Adios Amigos. Bernie

Gerald Lawrence

Re: A Birthday Anniversary

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

As a tribute to what would have been Ruby's 78th Birthday, I join Bernie in remembering her by putting on this website a brand new Home Page.

I have selected two of my favourite photographs of Ruby and put them onto a background of shamrocks, as she never forgot her Irish roots. I have also added a picture of the plaque which was unveiled in her memory on the wall of the Ulster Hall, Belfast. At my last visit, this was in the better location of being just inside the first foyer of the Hall, before you enter the Booking Office and café. Although this means the plaque cannot be seen when the front doors are closed, it can easily be approached while the café is open, which I believe is every day, and this means that greater protection is offered to the plaque.

If you are new to this site, please have a good look round because there are many treasures that have been shared here.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Gerald,

What a fantastic job you have done on the home page - it's terrific. I know many fans/friends will join me in heaping you with praise for your efforts.

Adios Amigos Bernie

guider

Post by guider »

Just wanted to say the Homepage looks wonderful, a Truly Fitting Tribute to a Wonderful Lady who STILL Brings so much pleasure to many.
Birthday wishes and thoughts go out to Ruby. So much Missed and loved ! :(
Best wishes
Betty

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

From a postings point of view, March was expected to roar in like a lion but it crept out like a lamb. Thanks to Gerald and Guider for joining me

Adios Amigos. Bernie

Gerald Lawrence

Never mind Bernie, I have uploaded to the photograph section of the library this nice photograph of you and Ruby at a dance. This was obviously a ball, and you both look very smart for it. I would just like to add that it was kindly supplied by Mark Willerton.

And thank you Betty for your kind comments about the home page. It is good to see that you are still around and looking in from time to time.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Gerald.

Thank you for uploading that photo, it's such a pleasing one to me although I confess that it still manages to bring tears to my eyes. It all goes to show what a helter skelter life we led around that time. Who could have believed how many twists and turns would happen in our lives. The graph swung widely, however I will always remember her as the loveable, gentle. humoristic, feminine person who brought so much pleasure into so many people's lives. ---- Ruby.... 'No Matter What'

I noticed Ralph was looking in two days ago so he is still interested in the website and he pops in now and again.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

rbl.ca

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, Bernie.
Yes, although I have nothing more I can contribute, I still check the messages here a few times a week. Since I usually check in at about midnight (at my new home in Calgary, Alberta), it's very early morning in England and Spain, so nobody over there would likely notice. I'm surprised that you did, Bernie.

I still remember the important dates in Ruby's life. Gerald, I love that photo of Ruby & Bernie dancing. Thanks.
Best wishes.
Ralph

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Ralph,

Good to see you, and your photo, on the website again. I trust that you are enjoying life in your new home in Calgary. I heard from another couple of fans from a far off land - Australia. Bill and Mary Hardman. They broadcast a radio programme each week and invariably include one or two of Ruby's tracks, recently they played a track that rarely gets a listen - 'Before You Know It', I was delighted because it's a beautiful track. They also told me that they had travelled north to see some crocodiles. I can't imagine myself travelling anywhere to see crocodiles???????

Gerald Lawrence

Thank you Ralph. It is good to know that you drop in on a regular basis. I hope the move to a new home has gone well and that you are not having too hard a time of this winter. We in England have just had the coldest March on record.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

That is one of my favourite pictures of Ruby as well (the one off the front cover of the first of Ruby's biographies).

Bernie, you look very smart on that pic of yourself and Ruby. Can you remember the occasion?