Belfast Local Government

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Belfast Local Government

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Friends

I sent an enquiry to my contact in Belfast asking for an update on what is happening about the possible naming of a park in the locality where Ruby one lived. The wheels of government turn slowly it would seem.
*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Bernie
Good morning from Belfast. Today we are having a dedication service to mark the completion of the first ten homes. Sad start however as one of the first residents died while working inside his new home. It may be some time before a vote is taken on naming the new park as work has not even started on it. The park would have to be in the last stages of development before we discuss a name for the park. The women's centre hope to organize a musical on the life of Ruby although it is too soon to say that it will happen but knowing the women, I am sure it will. Will keep you informed of any developments.
Billy
********************************************************************************************************************************************

This email arrived this morning. I can only think that, like so many projects, the economic situation is affecting progress

MARTIN FOSTER

Re: Belfast Local Government

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

That is very sad about the resident who died, may he rest in peace.

Will look forward to seeing what happens about the park.