Janice McKenna - Staunch Fan

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Janice McKenna - Staunch Fan

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Out of the blue I was contacted by Janice McKenna from Mansfield, she is a long time staunch fan from way back in the 50s. She told me that she had some treasured items that she was anxious to pass on to our children, thereby making sure that they stayed within the family. I gave her our son Tim's email address and she contacted him and arranged a rendezvous in Torquay. They met and chatted and she handed the items over to Tim. She explained how pleased Tim was and that he confirmed that he would show them to me and that I would be pleased to see them. Janice went on to visit Ruby's resting place before returning home to Mansfield. She told me that she was very relieved that the items would be taken great care of.

I would like to personally thank Janice most sincerely for taking the trouble to undertake such a long journey from Mansfield to Torquay and for keeping the treasures in the family - Thank you Janice, they will have a good home I can assure you.

Janice also wanted to register on to the website but she understood the reasons why Gerald had to close registration and added her comment that there are some very strange people in the world. I agree with Janice but at least now she has her name mentioned on the site which I am pleased to do for her.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Janice McKenna - Staunch Fan

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Wow that would be a long drive! I am glad everything went OK.

Bernie, if you like to give my email to Janice, I will see about getting her on here as a posting member - it will take a bit of co-ordination between Janice and me to keep out the riff-raff, but I am sure it can be done.
Gerald