Ruby

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Omf

Ruby

Post by Omf »

Thank you for replying. I'm new at this so may make mistakes. Do you know which cemetery Ruby's grave is. I've found photo from tim

Bernie Burgess

Re: Ruby

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Omf - Welcome to Ruby's website, I hope that you will explore around, there is a wealth of information, messages, photos, videos and much more on the website.

Ruby's grave is in the Crematorium in Torquay, I have posted some video on the website showing exactly how to locate the grave.

Kindest regards - Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I would like to add my welcome too, to our newest member :D

There are several photographs in our Library of Ruby's grave and as well as Bernie's video you will find another one when I paid a visit to lay some flowers.
Gerald

Omf

Post by Omf »

Hi I'm olive, used to write to ruby lots, my favourite record is the very first Christmas of all. I also like cliff Richard, alma cogan, Shirley basses, petula Clark and many more, thanks again :x olive

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

To Olive - and anyone else who may be looking for Ruby's resting place. Some time ago I posted directions on how to find the Crematorium in Torquay whilst driving my car towards Torquay from the motorway area. On arriving at the spot where the resting place is I pointed out an evergreen tree that was sited at the head of Ruby's grave. Since making that video the evergreen tree had to be moved because the roots were threatening to become a problem. However, from the video clip one gets a clear indication as to where the grave is - despite the fact that the tree is no longer there. I trust that whoever is looking for the resting place there will be sufficient indication - tree or no tree.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Olive and welcome to our site.

If you have any stories or anecdotes about Ruby or about how you became a fan, we would love to hear them and also if you have any letters from our dear Ruby.

Martin

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Friends,

I am flying to England on Tuesday 24th with the specific intention of attending plots at two Crematoriums. I have hired a car and will drive to Torquay to attend Ruby's grave and return via Northampton at carry out the same duties to all my family's graves, six of them. It means a lot of driving but it is essential because the plots have been neglected for far too long in both Crematoriums.

It may be necessary to stay over night in Torquay and summon up the strength for the return trip. I hope that the weather will be kind to me and that the traffic won't be too bad. It's at the end of the summer vacations so there shouldn't be too many holidaymakers on the road - I hope.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

Best wishes for the trip...as only an occasional user of the site its good to see the respect for Rubys memory.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Thank You David,

My respect for Ruby will never wane. I think of her every day and since moving into my new abode, and returning to living a solo existence, I once again have her portrait hanging proudly above my computer desk and she looks down on me every day and keeps me company.

Hopefully in roughly 48 hrs I will be laying some roses on her grave with the usual message which we always used for one another. - 'No Matter What"

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Mission Complete.

After an overnight stay with relatives I drove from Birmingham to Torquay on Wednesday 25th, through patchy fog, leaving just before 7am and arriving at the crematorium around 10-30ish. I had completed all that I wanted to do, including taking photos, by 1-00pm. I decided not to stay overnight but to drive on to Northampton where I needed to attend to my family's graves. I called in to see a couple of old friends and stayed overnight, (after spending several hours reminiscing,) I returned to Birmingham. Fortunately I dropped into driving on the 'wrong' side of the road quite quickly but it was quite a marathon. I flew back to Spain on Oct.1st.

I now feel a little more content after carrying out my mission, it was perhaps 2/3 years since all the graves had received attention. I learned quite a few lessons during this particular trip, - one is to make sure that my mobile is unlocked BEFORE I depart, I had no means of 'phoning friends or relations and telephone boxes are now a rarity in most countries. Even so, I had no English coins to use. Pre-planning is essential

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

Glad all went ok. You did well with all the driving..not easy given the crowded roads these days. Good that you have kept the grave so tidy.

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

http://whirligigtv.yuku.com/topic/7766/ ... lG_-qPTXJs

Bernie......I meant to add that although this site is dedicated to Ruby I was happy to come across a BB you had contributed to about your group The Four Jones Boys.....members of this site may have seen these postings but then for recent members maybe not....and it adds a bit to your life before meeting Ruby.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

I am glad all went well in your labour of love Bernie. I bet you were tired after all that driving and doing the graves etc. How was Ruby's grave looking?

God bless.

Martin.