Remembering Ruby

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Remembering Ruby

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Another year has passed and today is the day the fans remember Ruby.

I was on a long drive home yesterday, so listened to all four CDs from the Golden Anniversary set. Such a lovely voice. I particularly enjoyed hearing again "Boy Meets Girl" with Norman Wisdom and playing it again a couple of times on the journey just so that I could listen to Ruby's speaking voice. The way she ends with just the words "Lucky Fellow" is just classic.

A lovely lady sadly missed.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Re: Remembering Ruby

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

I know Gerald, I like that one as well. I always imagine Ruby laughing as she says "Lucky fellow" at the end. My favourite though is "Two rivers"

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

This posting is headed 'REMEMBERING RUBY'- It's getting close to a very important date - August 23rd a day I will remember with pride for the rest of my life. On that date in 1957 we got married (can it really be 57 yrs ago). I don't really need a date to remember Ruby, I remember her every day of my life. Ruby's portrait hangs over my computer desk and she smiles down on me every day. I tend to get mixed emotions as I gaze up at her, I get feelings of joy that she entered my life, feelings of sorrow that she left all too soon, feelings of pride because of what she achieved, feelings of anger because I was helpless in saving her from the addiction she fought so hard against and feelings of happiness that we were together again during the last year of her life. REMEMBERING RUBY - Of course I do - and always will.

Adios Amigos, Bernie

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello all.
Martin another song which I absolutely love hearing ruby voice is "Honestly I Do" near the end she speaks the word "Honestly" in that lovely husky voice she had, I think it is on the reverse side of "slowly With Feeling". If you have not got the song let me know your email and I will send it you. :wink:
Regards
John.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi John,

Yes I love that song as well and the way Ruby speaks "Honestly" right at the end....a very nice touch.