It's snowing again in Ruby Murray land!

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

It's snowing again in Ruby Murray land!

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Christmas wouldn't be the same without the snowy Home Page, and although there is very little activity on this Forum these days, I do know that some people take the time to log in and have a look at anything that might be going on. So this is for all guests and members who care to drop in over Christmas and New Year.

There have been some changes to browsers and security settings, and it is possible that you won't see the snow falling in the top window. Make sure you have installed Java and set it to run in your browser. Secondly, you may be asked a security question about running the software on your computer - let me assure you there is no risk from getting anything nasty from the Ruby Murray website because I am running continously a commercial grade virus and malware checker and can guarantee that your PC will never get an infection from anything I do.

I have made a couple of minor changes this year, and one of them is to give the contact email address on gmail in case anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of Bernie's great book on the life of Ruby. Just click on the "Order here" link on the Home Page and an email will automatically be generated and sent to me. I will forward any enquiries to Bernie. The other change is to let you hear all five of Ruby's Christmas songs in their entirety, so please enjoy them to the full, they are all beautifully sung. My favourite is The Very First Christmas of All, and this reminds me of when I was just 15 and I got this record as a Christmas Present from my dear Mum and Dad in 1955. I can see us all now, sitting round the coal fire on Christmas Day, each of us opening our presents and me getting so excited about another Ruby recording (on 10" 78 rpm of course, which I still have in my loft!)

A Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to you all!
Gerald

Jk

Re: It's snowing again in Ruby Murray land!

Post by Jk »

Nice to see the Christmas homepage back.

Happy Christmas everyone, and all the best for the New year
Regards
John.

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

Yes great home page..enjoyed clicking on the tree and listening to the Christmas songs !

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

It's great to see the winter scene back on the website. As yet I haven't done the necessary to be able to see the falling snow. May I take this opportunity to wish EVERYONE a very HAPPY, HEALTHY and PEACEFUL NEW YEAR. - .Bernie.

Don Wearmouth

A Very Happy New Year to all...

Post by Don Wearmouth »

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

How good it is to see a posting from our very good friend Don Wearmouth, I wish that we could see more of the staunch Ruby fans who haven't posted for far too long.

Wishing Don a very Happy and Joyful New Year.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Bad news about the snow - I have just taken an update to the latest Java software and it is now blocking my little applet that causes the snow to fall! It says it is blocked because the software that makes the snow fall is "unsigned" and therefore it is a security risk. I have no idea how to get it signed, but I suppose better safe than sorry.

I will shortly change the Home Page again for a spring one, and that will give me until next Christmas to try and work out how to make the snow fall again.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Gerald and thank you for all your work on our website. I know this is 8 months late but better late than never ;-)