photos of Rubys 21st birthday

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
1952mgyb

photos of Rubys 21st birthday

Post by 1952mgyb »

http://www.vandaimages.com/results.asp? ... randomize=

Not sure if these are in the library as I was unable to search it by subject so just in case they are not....and again apologies if they are!

Bernie Burgess

Re: photos of Rubys 21st birthday

Post by Bernie Burgess »

David,

It's quite a mystery how photos from the past keep cropping up from time to time. I haven't seen these photos David but I have managed to copy them via my printer. Thank you for your continued interest and your much appreciated involvement.

Adios Amigo. Bernie,

rbl.ca

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, everybody.
Regarding Ruby's 21st birthday, don't forget that my friend Barry Adams gave a first-hand account of the occasion in his submission "My Personal Meeting with Ruby Murray, Years Ago", currently about halfway down Page 4. Barry (badams) was Ruby's date or chaperone on the evening of this special occasion.

Please find and read Barry's story.

Best regards to all.
Ralph

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hello David, we have had a link to these photographs but that was a while back, so it is good to bring them to the top again. Many thanks. Doesn't ruby look young in the third picture!

They are not in our library because the Victoria and Albert Museum currently hold the copyright to them.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Good to see Ralph posting on the website, I took a very quick look to see if I could find the entry you mentioned Ralph but was unsuccessful, I must look again. My guess is that the series of photos with the cake would be the work of E.M.I. - They gave Ruby a big celebration party which would more than likely have taken place at Abbey Road Studios. On one occasion they presented Ruby with a huge cabinet sized television and later still a Hi Fi system that was called a Black Box which had stereophonic sound which was new at the time.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Thank you Ralph for posting these pictures. I like the shamrock shaped cake.