interesting links

Discussion about Ruby Murray.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: interesting links

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I must say the first comment in the Freakytrigger link is a bit rude! But then youngsters today don't appreciate good music. Further down there are nicer comments about Ruby.

The pictures are nice. Some we have seen before but going from memory I don't think I have seen the lovely one of Ruby leaning on a rail before. Well done for unearthing these.
Gerald

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

Yes I agree that one of the comments is a bit cheeky but as Oscar Wilde said the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about! It shows that positive or negative (and its mostly positive) Ruby is still talked about.... and long may it continue. I still feel strongly that Ruby's life story would make a great made for TV movie....I also think that if the powers that be had any sense about musical history and Ruby's career they would have Bernie on say 'The One Show' talking about her.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I couldn't agree with you more David. I have been involved with a few documentaries about Ruby and her career but a full length film would be so much better. The story has everything, - poverty, struggle, success, stardom. happiness, comedy, travel, and drama - it's all there. They made a film about Joseph Locke and in America they made a film about a star named singer called Jane Froman who ended up in a wheelchair after an accident. Susan Hayward played the leading role. I would like to think that there is a suitable female who could play the part of Ruby, whether she sang or not is of no real importance. Over dubbing is being used frequently.

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

The contact adress by e mail for The One Show is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/features/theoneshow/stories/

I reckon if enough of us suggest Ruby Murray story and Bernie......

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

David,

Having read your post in connection with The Ruby Murray Story I have followed through and sent the following email to the show,

TO THE DECISION MAKERS: -

The story of Ruby Murray's life is full of interest. It has everything -Poverty, Achievement, Success, Stardom, Love, Heartbreak, Sadness, Comedy and Drama. A film was made about the life of another Irish singing star- Joseph Locke and in America a film was made of the life story of a female singer - Jane Froman - who, after and accident, spent the rest of her life in a wheelchair. The leading role was played by Susan Hayward. Ruby's life story is an even a bigger one . Being her ex husband I can tell the story first hand. I am now 85 yrs old and living in retirement in Spain. I am ready, willing and able to relate the life story of the late RUBY MURRAY.

There is a Ruby Murray website : - www.rubymurray.org

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Good luck with your new project, Bernie!
Gerald

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

I hope they give your offer consideration - its more than deserved. Well done for being proactive.

Also generally in posting 'links' its hard to know whats already known to long standing members etc but hope at least some of the pictures and comments are of interest.

David

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

They are all most welcome David, Keep them coming. Bernie

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Referring back to the approach to 'The One Show'. I had high hopes of hearing from the powers that be at The One Show but, sad to say, I didn't even get acknowledgement of the receipt of my email. Unfortunately that is the world we live in today, simply ignore whoever takes the trouble to write in. - Shame!

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

Bernie ...it may be best to write a full account of why the One Show should air the feature. ..eg five no one records etc etc and mail it by recorded delivery post to the address shown in the link direct to the One Show producer

Might be wotth the effort but one can only try....e mails get ignored but a signed for letter has to be read by the recipient surely.
Last edited by 1952mgyb on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/whos ... llis.shtml

Seb Illis......apologies for bad link before

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

I think the people that criticised Ruby's singing don't know anything about music, vocalising, phrasing, sensitive orchestral accompaniment....and what is all this about a girl yielding for the first time? I didn't kno0w "Softly softly" was about a girl losing her virginity. I wonder if dear Ruby knew this? Doesn't anybody appreciate romance or does everything come down to sex?