Discovery of Unseen Photos of Ruby

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Discovery of Unseen Photos of Ruby

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Friends/Fans

Gerald has recently heard from someone who saw some files belonging to Ruby's Publicity Agent - Eric Braun in an auction. This person decided to bid for the collection of data and was successful. On opening the files he discovered many photos of Ruby that had been taken by various Photographer/Reporters that were never used by the press and lay unseen for many years. Andre (the man who bought the files) contacted Gerald suggesting that Ruby's fans might be keen to see the unearthed photos. At Gerald's suggestion I contacted Andre and he started rummaging through Eric Braun's files and started emailing unseen photos to me. I attempted to re-send them to Gerald so that hopefully he would upload these photos onto Ruby's website. Gerald then discovered that there were technical difficulties regarding uploading so we await the necessary assistance of Timmer the 'owner' of the website who will hopefully resolve the uploading problem. Fingers crossed friends that it won't take too long before you will be able to see an array of 'unseen' photos of Ruby. Having seen them myself I don't mind admitting that I was quite tearful when I saw these wonderful shots, they brought back many wonderful memories of the past.

Allow me to explain what actually takes place on various photo shoots. Eric Braun, as Ruby's publicist, would arrange a publicity event and for a Freelance Photographer to attend. The photographer would have with him several rolls of film and would take many shots of Ruby at the particular event. Only a few of these shots are ever used, the remainder never see the light of day. Eric has obviously obtained quite a number of these shots and they have been lying in his files for many years - until Andre made the discovery and now they emerge into the daylight and will hopefully be uploaded soon onto the website.

So, my friends, as soon as Timmer,( who we all know is a very busy man), manages to solve the uploading problem you will all be treated to some wonderful photos of Ruby and the family which are delightful.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Re: Discovery of Unseen Photos of Ruby

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

I will look forward to seeing these Bernie

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Discovery of Unseen Photos of Ruby

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hi folks, Timmer has worked his magic on the Library and I am now in a position to upload things again :D

I have used one of the photographs mentioned in this thread as a test case, and it has worked successfully, so I now look forward to uploading some more over the next couple of weeks. I have checked again with our kind benefactor, Timmer, and he has no storage problem for the time being, so you can expect a series of lovely photographs, mainly of the family, that have never before been seen by the public.

Thank you again, Timmer!
Gerald