Ruby on Memory Lane

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
nickthebottlewasher

Ruby on Memory Lane

Post by nickthebottlewasher »

Join me on Sunday afternoon at 4pm UK summer time on the award-winning Bay FM, http://www.bayfm.co.uk for our regular 3-hour stroll down Memory Lane. Just go to the web page and click once on the large 'Listen Live' button, NOT the little icon at the very top of the page. This will automatically take you to the primary player. Don’t forget to turn the volume on the web page up to your desired level.
Remember, though, that if you’re within reach of the transmitter here in East Devon, you can tune into 106.4 FM to hear the programme.
This week it will be a ‘Pot Pourri’ of music from a spread of nearly 40 years, with birthday tributes to Rudy Vallee, one of the McGuire Sisters, Paul Anka, Lionel Bart, Richard Adler and Tony Bennett, amongst others, (8 altogether,) plus requests and dedications from you, the listeners, including a little “modern nostalgia,” whilst the last part of the programme will be music from film, stage, wireless and TV. This week, sadly, we’ll also be bidding farewell to a Lancashire lass who recently left us.
This is the ONLY programme in Devon to provide such a mix of this genre of music!
Ruby will be making an appearance in the middle hour duetting with a comedian in the mid 50s. Enough clues?
Hopefully I'll be able to bring back some memories for you, and I'll be giving out gold stars if you remember some of these singers before I tell you who they are. In addition I'll also introduce you to some singers whom you've either forgotten or maybe missed altogether first time around.
Three hours of our sort of music, around 45 songs, without too much chat.

Bernie Burgess

Re: Ruby on Memory Lane

Post by Bernie Burgess »

What a treat to hear Ruby and Norman dueting - Thanks for including the track in your programme Nick. I noticed some very complimentary remarks about the track which was very pleasing. Perhaps some of the younger generations are becoming aware of Ruby's recordings, I hope so.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

This is fantastic that our dear Ruby is still being remembered on your radio programme. Was the track 'Two rivers' or 'Boy meets girl'? The former is my favourite.

nickthebottlewasher

Post by nickthebottlewasher »

MARTIN FOSTER wrote:This is fantastic that our dear Ruby is still being remembered on your radio programme. Was the track 'Two rivers' or 'Boy meets girl'? The former is my favourite.
Hello Martin, I played "Boy Meets Girl" but I have the other duet if you and some other devotees would like to hear it (or any other of her songs) one week. If you're not within reach of the transmitter here in East Devon, you can still hear the programme online at http://www.bayfm.co.uk It starts 4pm on Sundays and lasts for three hours. Just click on 'Listen Live.' Perhaps you could either message me here or during next Sundays programme - I give out the contact details every week during the prog.
Let's keep Ruby's music to the forefront of everybody's mind! :D
Sadly I have to have another operation on Tuesday so although I'll still be producing the progs after that date, it may well be another volunteer presenting them for me for a couple of weeks. :(

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

There you go Martin an open invitation to get on radio with a request, I'm sure you can't resist that . - Bernie

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Nick, Yes I will most definitely be doing that in the next couple of weeks. Good luck with your operation and I wish you a speedy recovery.