Hello

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
MARTIN FOSTER

Hello

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi friends,

Hope you are all well. Sorry if I appear to be taking over all of the threads at the moment but I have been away for some time and have had a lot to catch up on on here.

My sister mentioned to me a few months ago that Ruby was featured singing in the background on a daytime BBC TV programme. I think it was called "WPC 56" or something similar and concerns a female police officer in the mid 1950s. Did anybody see this? I don't believe it was "softly softly" but a lesser known track.

Bernie and Gerald, many many thanks for your private message on here enquiring after my wellbeing as I have been absent for some time. Thank God I am fine and glad to be back online.

Take care friends and God bless.

Martin.

PS: How are John and Graham?

Bernie Burgess

Re: Hello

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin,

I am fascinated by your piece about one of Ruby's songs being connected to a show. No-one as yet replied with information but let's hope that some information may turn up.
You were missed whilst you were absent, good to see you posting again.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Further to Martin's posting regarding one of Ruby's songs being played in the background of a B.B.C. T.V. show - 'W.P.C.56'. I looked it up on the Internet and there is a substantial amount of information on the show but I couldn't find any mention of a song of Ruby's. As far as I could see the episodes were given a name of a song, i.e. 'That Old Devil Called Love' but no mention of any song being played. - Bernie

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hello Martin,

I echo Bernie's comments that it is good to see you back. The problem is that if nobody posts anything, then there is nothing new to read, so nobody posts anything - vicious circle! It can get quite lonely if it is just Bernie and me writing to each other via this Forum!

So it is very welcome when other people occasionally post something.
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Martin, it is good to see you back, thought you had given up like most people, including me. I have been a member since 1999, like Gerald, but we have covered most of what Ruby has done, so not a lot more to talk about. A pity that new CD seems to have fell through that would have been good.

Anyhow look after yourself good to hear from you again. :D
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John,

It's also good to see your name amongst the posters again, any comments from you John are always welcome. I sincerely trust that you are in better health these days. I get news of you through Graham.
There may well have been a lull regarding 'something new' yet strangely enough something new always pops up quite regularly. The most recent two new 'events' have not, as yet, reached fruition but that was unfortunate. As I tried to explain about the Fontana tracks, it is our belief(Gerald and mine) that because there was so little response when Chris Adams of Lynx Music U.K. posted his intentions regarding his project of releasing them on C.D.(s) he considered he would struggle to re-coup his financial outlay so consequently he withdrew. All my attempts to re-establish contact with him have been to no avail.

The unseen photos from Eric Braun's files came as a bolt out of the blue, I was amazed and thrilled when they came to light and as soon as Timmer has solved the current technical problem Gerald will upload them so that everyone can enjoy seeing them.

Sending you my very best wishes to you John.

Adios Amigos, Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I am my good wishes to those of Bernie, it is good to see you posting John. We none of us have any idea of how difficult it is for you to do this, but well done for making it again!

As you say, we have been members a long time and I am hoping that next year, 2015 will enable us to do something special to remember Ruby's famous 5 songs in the Top Twenty world record.
Gerald

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

http://www.ovguide.com/tv/wpc_56.htm

Apparently you can watch the episode online....not sure if there is a catch though. Regarding why a Ruby Murray song was chosen you could e mail the programme director. Scroll down the page the above link takes you to. Also as its been mentioned about 2015 anniversary of 5 top 20 hits keep on reminding the various tv programme makers and producers via telephone or e mail....got to be worth another go.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi friends and many many thanks for your good wishes.