A Very Special Day,

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

A Very Special Day,

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Today is a very special day, it's a day I will always remember with love, great pride and great joy. August 23rd 1957 was the day that Ruby and I were married. Being the old 'pro' that I am I frequently express myself, and my feelings, in the words of a song. This one sums up exactly what I am feeling today.

You'll never know just how much I miss you,
You'll never know just how much I care,
And if I tried I still couldn't hide my love for you,
You ought to know for haven't I told you so
A million or more times.

You went away and my heart went with you,
I speak your name in my every prayer,
And if there's some other way to prove that I love you
I swear I don't know how,
You'll never know if you don't know now.

She was my .... Precious Gem . . . . My Ruby.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: A Very Special Day,

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Lovely memories of a lovely lady. I shall always remember that day a few years ago when you took Rosemary and me to Altea and we sat in the sun in the square having a coffee at a table for four - it was obvious who should have been sitting in the fourth chair.

And a good choice of song too - my favourite version was sung by my other special lady singer, Ella Fitzgerald. I always thought that Ruby would have made a lovely job of it too. It would have slotted in nicely on the Ruby album.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

You are right it would have ideally suited Ruby, - I haven't heard Ella's version, I'm sure she did a great rendition. I have but one reservation, whereas Ella would do a first class musicianly version I like to hear someone who feels the song deeply and brings the feeling and sincerity to the fore. As for the song itself,they don't write them like that anymore. Where have all the professional song writers gone?

Adios Amigo,

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

I like Vera Lynn's version best