Ruby's birthday celebration on the radio.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
nickthebottlewasher

Ruby's birthday celebration on the radio.

Post by nickthebottlewasher »

Join me on Sunday afternoon at 4pm GMT on the award-winning Bay 106.4, www.bayfm.co.uk for our regular 2-hour stroll down Memory Lane. Just go to the web page and click once on the large 'Listen Live' button, NOT the little icon at the very top of the page. This will automatically take you to the primary player. Don’t forget to turn the volume on the web page up to your desired level. We’re also available via the ShoutCast website, and the TuneIn website or phone app.
Remember, though, that if you’re within reach of the transmitter here in East Devon, you can tune into 106.4 FM to hear the programme.
This week it will be a ‘Pot Pourri’ of music from a spread of over 45 years, with birthday tributes to Josef Locke, Maureen Evans, Dorothy Squires, Al Jolson, Sam Browne, Semprini, Sarah Vaughan, Maurice Winnick and Ruby Murray, amongst several others, (20 altogether,) plus requests and dedications from you, the listeners, including a little “modern nostalgia.” Ruby will be there with a not-so-often heard song from 1958 - no more clues!
This is the ONLY programme in Devon, and one of the few left in the whole country, to provide such a mix of this genre of music!
Hopefully I'll be able to bring back some memories for you, and I'll be giving out gold stars if you remember some of these singers before I tell you who they are. In addition I'll also introduce you to some singers whom you've either forgotten or maybe missed altogether first time around.
Two hours of our sort of music, around 30 songs, without too much chat.
If you missed the previous celebration (Ruby's world records) you can still hear them. Go to the website and click on 'Listen Again,' then on 'Memory Lane' then on the date that you want (8th March.) If you want to hear how she celebrated Eddie Calver's birthday, click on 15th March.
Take care,
Nick.

1952mgyb

Re: Ruby's birthday celebration on the radio.

Post by 1952mgyb »

Always a pleasure to listen ...and on what would have been Rubys 80th birthday.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Nick, I just want to thank you for the great job you are doing in keeping Ruby's music alive on the radio. It is like being back in the 50s again, listening out for a mention of her name, and a chance to hear her lovely voice coming over the airwaves (or now over the internet).

If you keep this up, you yourself will qualify for a Guinness Book of Records World Record to match Ruby's! :D
Gerald

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

Bernie...have you ever thought of asking Nick if he would be interested in him having you on his show to talk about Ruby..he is contactable via the Bay FM website.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I am in regular contact with Nick but often miss out on his programmes on Sunday afternoons due to the fact that my nephew frequently picks me up and takes me to his place for Sunday lunch and he brings me back around 7pm. Keith, my nephew, is football crazy so his television is occupied by sport. I am not sure whether bayfm does interviews, it seems to be completely occupied by 40s/50s/60s records but I will put out a 'feeler'. Nick Muir is regularly playing Ruby's discs and has told me that anytime I'd like a request playing he would gladly oblige but I wouldn't like to disrupt the current situation by being too 'pushy'.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Thank you NIck for including dear Ruby on your programme