Memory Lane

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
nickthebottlewasher

Memory Lane

Post by nickthebottlewasher »

Join me on Sunday afternoon at 4pm BST on the award-winning Bay 106.4, http://www.bayfm.co.uk for our regular 2-hour stroll down Memory Lane. Just go to the web page and click once on the large 'Listen Live' button. This will automatically take you to the primary player. Don’t forget to turn the volume on the web page up to your desired level. We’re also available via the TuneIn website or the phone app.
Remember, though, that if you’re within reach of the transmitter here in East Devon, you can tune into 106.4 FM to hear the programme.
This week it will be a ‘Pot Pourri’ of music from a spread of over 30 years, with birthday tributes to Ted Koehler, Dorothy Fields, Johnny Brandon, Edward Madden, one of The Ink Spots and Vikki Carr amongst others, (10 altogether,) plus requests and dedications from you, the listeners, including a little “modern nostalgia.” Ruby will be there with a 1961 hit at Bernie’s request - no more clues!
Apart from hospital radio, this is the ONLY programme in Devon, and one of the few left in the whole country, to provide such a mix of this genre of music!
Hopefully I'll be able to bring back some memories for you, and I'll be giving out gold stars if you remember some of these singers before I tell you who they are. In addition I'll also introduce you to some singers whom you've either forgotten or maybe missed altogether first time around.
Two hours of our sort of music, around 30 songs, without too much chat.

For all those who can't listen to the live broadcast, all the programmes are put onto 'Listen Again' the following week and remain there for a month. If you go to the website, click on 'Listen Again,' then on 'Memory Lane,' then on the date of the programme that you want, you will be able to hear it.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Memory Lane

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you once again, Nick. You are doing a sterling job for Ruby!
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I was so disappointed about missing Sunday's programme where Nick was playing a request of mine. As I explained to him I had a guest call in on Sunday afternoon and I couldn't tune in. I was perplexed by his remark that it was a 1961 hit so I am anxiously awaiting the 'Listen Again' facility so that I can tune in for the answer.

As you have mentioned Gerald, we are lucky to have two 'Presenters' who are willing to include Ruby's records. Colin Bunyan of BBC TEES has also been kind enough to include Ruby's records. He in fact made Ruby artiste of the month and played about 5 of Ruby's records in a programme - Great Stuff!!!

At one time I had a 'Presenter' friend who broadcasts from a Midlands area, I think it's called 3 Counties. he was also willing to play some of Ruby's discs. His name is one that everyone is familiar with Keith 'Cardboard Shoes' Skues'

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Just grabbed a quick moment before going on holiday to have a listen to bayfm using the Listen Again feature. The programme for Sunday 19th July is now there and Ruby sings at about 1 hour 35 minutes into the session, with the dedication to Bernie following.

She sings one of my favourite songs from the LP "Ruby" - thank you again Nick.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I have heard my request on 'Listen Again' on bayfm radio. I'm so glad that I was able to catch my request, I had a guest call last Sunday so I couldn't tune in to the live broadcast. It was well worth waiting to hear - 'Music Maestro Please'