Ruby on Bay FM for Bernie's birthday!

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
nickthebottlewasher

Ruby on Bay FM for Bernie's birthday!

Post by nickthebottlewasher »

Join me on Sunday afternoon at 4pm GMT on the award-winning Bay 106.4, www.bayfm.co.uk for our regular 2-hour stroll down Memory Lane. Just go to the web page and click once on the large 'Listen Live' button. This will automatically take you to the primary player. Don’t forget to turn the volume on the web page up to your desired level. We’re also available via the TuneIn website or the phone app.
Remember, though, that if you’re within reach of the transmitter here in East Devon, you can tune into 106.4 FM to hear the programme.
This week it will be a ‘Pot Pourri’ of music from a spread of nearly 50 years, with birthday tributes to Alfredo Campoli, one of The Inkspots, Wanda Jackson, Kathy Kirby, Dickie Pride, Diana Dors and Roy Fox, amongst others, (9 altogether,) plus requests and dedications from you, the listeners, including a little “modern nostalgia.” Ruby will be there by request with a 1961 hit - no more clues!

Apart from hospital radio, this is the ONLY programme in Devon, and one of the few left in the whole country, to provide such a mix of this genre of music!
Hopefully I'll be able to bring back some memories for you, and I'll be giving out gold stars if you remember some of these singers before I tell you who they are. In addition I'll also introduce you to some singers whom you've either forgotten or maybe missed altogether first time around.
Two hours of our sort of music, around 30 songs, without too much chat.

For all those who can't listen to the live broadcast, all the programmes are put onto 'Listen Again' and will remain there for a month. If you go to the website, click on 'Listen Again,' then on 'Memory Lane,' then on the date of the programme that you want, you will be able to hear it.