Memory Lane on Sunday with Ruby Murray!

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
nickthebottlewasher

Memory Lane on Sunday with Ruby Murray!

Post by nickthebottlewasher »

Join me on Sunday afternoon at 4pm BST on the award-winning Bay 106.4 for our regular 2-hour stroll down Memory Lane. Just go to the web page, www.bayfm.co.uk and click on the yellow 'Listen Live' button. Remember to turn the volume on the web page up to your desired level. We’re also available via the websites of TuneIn, iTunes and Radio.net.
Remember, though, that if you’re within reach of the transmitter here in East Devon, you can tune into 106.4 FM to hear the programme.
This week it will be a ‘Pot Pourri’ of music from a spread of over 30 years, with birthday tributes to Anita O’Day, Melina Mercouri, Cynthia Weil, Alfredo Campoli, Charlie Fuqua, Jerry Orbach, Wanda Jackson, Kathy Kirby, Georgia Brown, Dickie Pride and Diana Dors, plus there will be requests and dedications from you, the listeners, including a little “modern nostalgia.” Apart from hospital radio, this is the ONLY programme in Devon, and one of the few left in the whole country, to provide such a mix of this genre of music! Ruby will be there with a not-so-often heard song from 1970 that has never featured before so we can wish a happy 88th birthday to Bernie - no more clues!Hopefully I'll be able to bring back some memories for you, and I'll be giving out gold stars if you remember some of these singers before I tell you who they are. In addition, I'll also introduce you to some singers whom you've either forgotten or maybe missed altogether first time around.
Two hours of our sort of music, around 30 songs, without too much chat.
For all those who can't listen to the live broadcast, the programme will be put onto 'Listen Again' within a day or two. It will remain there for four weeks and be downloadable as an mp3. If you go to the website, www.bayfm.co.uk click on 'Listen Again,' then on 'Memory Lane,' then on the date of the programme, you will be able to hear it.

1952mgyb

Re: Memory Lane on Sunday with Ruby Murray!

Post by 1952mgyb »

Great show!

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

As we all know Ruby's birthday is March 29th. With this in mind I have sent a request to Nick Muir at bayfm radio. Nick has confirmed that he will play my request next Sunday. I hope some Fans/Friends will listen in to this request. It will undoubtedly be a very sad day for me but hearing Ruby on radio next Sunday will help ease the sadness I feel.

Happy Listening . . . Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Fans/Friends.

I've just heared from Nick at bayfm radio that there will be a certain dedication during this Sunday's programme - June 11th. I am eager to tune in to find out exactly what this dedication refers to and whether another airing of Ruby's vocals will be featured. Listen in folks!

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I tuned in to bayfm this afternoon and Nick played Ruby's reording of 'True Love' and dedicated it to me. I was highly honoured and flattered by the gesture. Apparently he has another dedication on his programme on the 25th. so don't forget to tune in. I'm hoping that he means to feature another of Ruby's tracks
Happy Listening!