Ed Stewart Radio Programme 5.3.06

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

Ed Stewart Radio Programme 5.3.06

Post by Graham Bunn »

A Ruby request upon this programme today with a nice story.

A couple from Bedfordshire,June and Bill are celebrating their 41st Wedding Anniverary and it was Ruby who introduced them to each other.

They indicate how much they miss her and requested "Evermore"

Best Wishes,
Graham

Bernie Burgess

Ed Stewart Programme.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Graham,

Delighted to hear that 'Stewpot' played Ruby's 'Evermore'. He has just joined a radio station here in Spain called Coast F.M. to do a weekly programme. I believe he is being flown in to do the show and flown straight back in time to do one in England. I will make a point of trying to contact him and see whether I can get him to play one for me.

I am due back in the studio at Onda Cera International (O.C.I.) to do another interview with a Liverpudlian D.J./Presenter, Vince Tracey, on. or around March 17th. (without the assitance of my broadcasting partner Gerald Lawrence) We might get another plug then.

I do hope that Ruby's fans in Ireland will send in requests to coincide with the unveiling on Ruby's birthday March 29th. With St Patrick's Day coming
up I hope that all fans will request Ruby's 'Great Day for the Irish'. There couldn't be a better record to play on that day, March 17th.
Let's go for it friends.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you for letting us know about this, Graham. Using the BBC Listen Again feature, I have just been listening to it, and it is a very nice story.

I remember that Ed Stuart played a Ruby record last year, so it seems we must bear him in mind for any future playings (although we must not overdo it, obviously!)

Bernie's reference to my broadcasting is that when I was with him in Spain once, he "conned" me into doing an interview on the show on Onda Cera. Boy, was I nervous! I think I will stick to computers!
Gerald

mal macleod

Ruby on the radio

Post by mal macleod »

Hello again everybody
This talk of airplay is interesting indeed. Last November I was asked to do a one off 15 minute Friday morning spot on a daily magazine type show called 'Coinneach Macoimhair' on our national Scottish Gaelic BBC radio station (BBC Radio Nan Gaidheal) playing tracks from old Gaelic music vinyl LPs that I have in my collection. Somehow or other this has caught on with the listeners and I am still doing my weekly spot. However I have now moved on to other types of music and - to cut a long story short - next Friday (St Patricks day) I am going to play 3 tracks from Ruby's LP Endearing Young Charms. If anyone is interested you can hear this on the internet at the BBC Scotland/Alba listen again option, or live on Satelite Channel 0139 at around 09.15/09.20. Couldn't miss this chance to give my favourite singer an airing!

Best wishes to you all and sorry I cant make the unveiling on the 29th.
Mal macleod

Bernie Burgess

The Ed Stewart Show.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Keep your fingers crossed. I have sent messages to Ed Stewart, both to his B.B.C.2 show and to Spectrum F.M., a British language station here on the Spanish coast. I attached quite a long message telling him all about the unveiling, the 50th.anniversary and the GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION. I requested that, - Would he be kind enough to recognize Ruby's achievements by playing one of Ruby's tracks?

It would be great if he responded.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

And I have asked Terry Wogan if he would play a request on Friday, for Saint Patrick's Day. I have also mentioned the plaque. I am not too hopeful, however, as he has not responded well in the past.
Gerald