Missing Fontana Masters

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Missing Fontana Masters

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Both Gerald and I searched for more than two years trying to establish where Ruby's Fontana tracks are held. I am now in a position to report that most of Ruby's Fontana tracks, together with some from Decca, are held in the 'Universal' Archive. - At long last! - Up to now, it remains the position that it is still not possible to get them transferred to C.D.s. but we hang on to the very slim chance that someone, some day, will be able to release them.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Missing Fontana Masters

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you for this information Bernie. You have worked hard to get this far, so I hope before too long something can be put in hand so that we can enjoy the only music to have been recorded by Ruby that is not available for us to buy on CD created from master tapes.
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Bernie. Well done on finding where Fontana tracks are kept it is a pity they can’t put them on cd but you never know in future they might. What songs are on these tapes? I thought we had them all.

Hope you are keeping well.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John,

Thank you for your 'posting' and your kind words. Because of copywright laws I had to give me word that no mention regarding titles, or numbers, would be mentioned. I feel quite sure that you will have a good idea about the tracks and what they are.. Good to see your name on the website. Hopefully other Friends/Fans will follow your lead and post an acknowledgement of this subject. . . . I send my very best wishes to you - and 'yours'.

martin73

Post by martin73 »

Any forgotten tracks turned up in the archives Bernie? Test recordings etc?

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I am not aware of any more tracks coming to light. I am amazed by the amount of data there currently is on Ruby's recordings on the Internet - long may it continue. May I take this opportunity to wish all Friends/Fans a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. . . . . Incidentally I have placed a request with Nick Muir on bayfm for Ruby's Christmas recording of 'The Very First Christmas of All' I feel quite sure that Nick will find an appropriate slot for my request.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.