Teresa Hart - Timmer's mother

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Teresa Hart - Timmer's mother

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Quite a few years ago Teresa joined this forum, and although she never posted anything she contacted me to say how much she enjoyed reading the posts of others here. Then a bit later on she saw me on Facebook, put two and two together and asked me to be her friend. I gladly confirmed the request and since then we have exchanged a few words from time to time. She sent me very positive thoughts after I had had my heart operation.

I have just heard that she has not been too well recently, so sent her a message via her daughter on Facebook. I also made a small comment direct to timmer to say how sorry I was to hear that she has not been well. I have had a reply back from him saying that it is thanks to his mother that he grew up listening to Ruby's records, as she was the original fan in their house. He also said that he was about to make a trip across America to go and see his mom and will tell her that the Ruby Murray forum wishes her well.

So I have decided to formalise the situation by making a thread in recognition of her illness, so that friends may if they wish join me in sending her the very Best Wishes from this Forum.

Teresa, we send you our love and wish you to tell you that you are in our thoughts.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Re: Teresa Hart - Timmer's mother

Post by Bernie Burgess »

As someone who has a direct interest in the Ruby Murray website, I'd like to join Gerald in wishing Timmer's Mother well. It's incredible to think that it was Timmer's Mother's interest in Ruby and her recordings that gave birth to this extremely well loved website. 'GET WELL SOON' Teresa, "We're Thinking About You". May I also send my sincere thanks to Teresa's son Timmer' for his continued backing for the website. We wouldn't have a website if it wasn't for TIMMER. -

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

Thank you much for the wonderful messages for my mom! I will indeed make sure mom knows that her Ruby Murray friends wish her well!

Warmest regards,
--Timmer

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

Here's a picture of mom on Ruby Murray Listening Day. If this doesn't establish my cred, nothing will. :D

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I couldn't possibly attempt to top that - It's brilliant? . . . . It's 'Paddy' Riley I assume?

Gerald Lawrence

What a great picture! :D
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hope you get well soon Teresa. I remember back in 1999 when Tim started the website it was just you Gerald and me as members, I never thought that years later it would still be going and so strong we have had so much fun and it is all down to your son Tim.
Thinking of you.
Regards
John.

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Timmer,
I thought that it was about time I thanked you for all your efforts in making this website so successful.........Ruby Murray came into my life in 1954 the start of her long recording career ,since then I have collected all her recordings have many albums of wonderful photographs,items of sheet music and memorabilia..........Many years later I obtained a computer and imagine my delight when I discovered that there was a Ruby Murray Website,through this website I have made many friends some in Ireland and even America,it started with our mutual love of Ruby but these friendships have become very strong and although we have never met we have a strong bond.

This website has made my life so much better and I have you to thank for that.
I'm sorry to hear that your mother is unwell by her photograph she looks a lot of fun, my kind of person,please pass on my good wishes and I wish her a speedy recovery.........Please post a larger photo of yourself then I can add it to an album as the man who created the Ruby Murray Website.

Thank you Timmer
Take Care
Graham.
Graham

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

Thanks, Graham! I'm more than a little jealous you discovered Ruby so early in her career. :) Thanks to the website, I once met a special Ruby fan in person over coffee while she was visiting the United States. She brought her Ruby scrapbook along (photographs and newspaper clippings) and shared it with me and my son. It was a very magical experience. I'll see what kind of photo I can dig up for you. Also, I should point out that I'm only the computer nerd. It's people like Gerald and Bernie and all the rest of you who make this such a special place. :)

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Thanks TIMMER, . . . I'm flattered and highly honoured but I must emphasize that the whole operation is a combined effort, although there is a hard core of 'special' workers.

Muchas Gracias Senor.

Gerald Lawrence

Timmer wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 am
Thanks, Graham! I'm more than a little jealous you discovered Ruby so early in her career. :) Thanks to the website, I once met a special Ruby fan in person over coffee while she was visiting the United States. She brought her Ruby scrapbook along (photographs and newspaper clippings) and shared it with me and my son. It was a very magical experience. I'll see what kind of photo I can dig up for you. Also, I should point out that I'm only the computer nerd. It's people like Gerald and Bernie and all the rest of you who make this such a special place. :)
There are several of us who discovered Ruby when we were young men in our teens - but Bernie got there first!

Your visitor with scrapbooks would have been Sandy - we heard all about that visit, and how much she enjoyed visiting you. She even lent me those scrapbooks for a while, because although I had made something similar in my young day they got lost in one of the several moves I have made. We had a good laugh about how we could spot the name of Ruby Murray in any newspaper or magazine within a few milliseconds! I saw Sandy for the first time for ages just last October, when I was visiting in her area. She is doing OK and sent her best wishes to everyone. I will see if I can persuade her to come back here and make a post.
Gerald

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

Thanks for the reminder, Gerald. I really enjoyed meeting Sandy!

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Hi Timmer! Gerald let me know about the thread opened about your mum. So sorry to hear she is not well. (love the picture by the way) I know this webpage may not have happened but for her love of Ruby's music which was instilled into you at an early age.
I have pleasant memories of our meeting at Starbucks. Truth is I think we both arrived with minders! How is Brian by the way? I still have the scrapbooks and I hope they will one day they will find their way to one of Bernie's children.
Kind regards to you and yours.

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

Sandy wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:16 am
Hi Timmer! Gerald let me know about the thread opened about your mum. So sorry to hear she is not well.
Hi Sandy! :D

It's so nice to hear from you. Brian is well, grown up and moved half-way across the country with his wife.

Your scrapbooks are precious treasures and I trust they'll end up in the right place.

My wife and I recently picked up a turntable and broke out the Ruby Murray vinyl the other day for a listening session. Very fun!

Take care, Sandy, and thanks for saying hi and for the wishes for my mom! I'm going to pass them along to her when I visit her in Atlanta, Georgia, in about a month.

Warmest regards,
--Timmer

martin73

Post by martin73 »

Hi friends

Hi Timmer,

Just a quick message to say how sorry I was to hear about your mother. I like the photograph of her....She even has red hair which is quite apt! God bless to you both and thank you for starting this website.

Friends, please take great care of your scrapbooks. They are lovely to look through. Edna Savage's daughter told me how devastated they all were when a bag containing all of Edna's memorabilia, scrapbooks, awards, everything throughout the years, got lost in a house move. They could never be replaced! Very sad!

Best wishes.

Martin