My Gratitude

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

My Gratitude

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I wish to emphasize to all those concerned with the website that I am deeply grateful to everyone who worked so hard to make the unveiling event a very special and historic event, from me, and on Ruby's behalf THANK YOU. I would like to think that Ruby herself was looking down with pride, happiness and deep satisfaction.

Trust the press to get something wrong though, I did not tell them that I was manager of the website, just in case Timmer, or Gerald get the impression that I did. It just goes to show why I needed to write the book because some of the press stories over the years were deeply damaging, but I must not let one small item spoil the big occasion.

The spin off from all the media coverage has been considerable and I get more and more delighted by other stories and photos of Ruby that are springing up all over the place. I am thrilled by all the spin off from the big day and will continue to enjoy it all in the passing of time.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.
Last edited by Bernie Burgess on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: My Gratitude

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Bernie Burgess wrote: Trust the press to get something wrong though, I did not tell them that I was manager of the website, just in case Timmer, or Gerald get the impression that I did. It just goes to show why I needed to write the book because some of the press stories over the years were deeply damaging, but I must not let one small item spoil the big occasion.

Bernie.
I am sure I speak for Timmer when I say that I don't mind you being given the title manager - :lol: You are certainly well in the lead with numbers of postings.

There were one or two other funny things in the press, and one said that the Beatles had equalled Ruby's record of five hits in the Top Twenty in the same week. We went into this a couple of years ago, and I remember that the Guinness Book of Records said that they did not. I would stand by anything they say, since they do such thorough research.
Gerald

Timmer
Site Admin

Re: My Gratitude

Post by Timmer »

Bernie Burgess wrote:Trust the press to get something wrong though, I did not tell them that I was manager of the website, just in case Timmer, or Gerald get the impression that I did.
No worries! I think the proper credit was given! ;)