Great Day! (with apologies for being so late posting this!)

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
John Harris

Great Day! (with apologies for being so late posting this!)

Post by John Harris »

Well, what a wonderful time we all had! I was so pleased to be able to be there in Belfast after all - it was my first visit to Northern Ireland - though flying all the way there from Norfolk and back in one day left me pretty exhausted!
It was great to see Bernie,again, also Julie and Tim, and they certainly sang the medley of Ruby's songs beautifully.
It was also nice to meet Marie for the first time, and so many members of the Fan Club, whose names I have so often seen on the website.
I was sorry not to be able to stay for the meal in the evening; it sounds as though you all continued to have a great time. By the way, I unexpectedly ran into Tim again at the airport. I was pleased that a photo of him (aged 2!) with Ruby and my mother and me when they came to tea with us in 1967 was placed among the pictures on the display at the Ulster Hall.
I hope to have my photographs developed this week, and shall do my best to get them to someone who knows how to get them on the website, as I certainly do not!
Again, very many thanks to all who made this such a nostalgic and emotional day; I'm sure Ruby was thrilled with the way we marked the Golden Anniversary of her 21st Birthday!
With kindest regards to all old and new friends,
John from Norfolk (as I am sure I shall always be known from now on!).
P.S. Am posting a new teaser separately.