Details on how to obtain the book.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Details on how to obtain the book.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,
After having discussions with Gerald, we feel that there are friends/fans who are anxious to know how to obtain copies of the new book on Ruby's life/our marriage/and Ruby's Career.
I have entitled the book 'RUBY. . . My Precious Gem' . It has been published on a Print On Demand agreement so it is not available from bookshops, at least not yet. Copies can be obtained direct either from me or Frank Bowles. To save placing personal email details in full view on the forum, it is better that anyone wanting a book contact me direct by 'phone on (0034)-966864430. and I will return your call and give you all the details direct. I think Gerald is considering placing the cover of the book on the forum but just how he is going to do that is beyond my expertise.

Please remember that if you are thinking about having the book personally signed it will have to be posted from here in Spain which adds about 10 euros 20cents(roughly £7.) to the cost of the book. The price of the book in England is £10-95 (or 15 euros). Without signature it can be posted direct to you by the publisher which only adds £2-50 to the cost of the book. You are welcome to give me a call on my number, I'll return your call and give you all the details personally.

No other mention of the book will be made on the forum as I am anxious not to disrupt the normal forum activity.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Here is the front cover of your book, Bernie.

I think that everyone interested in the story of Ruby's life will find some new details in this book, and I can't imagine any discussion on it is "disrupting the forum" since it relates directly to the person who is the reason for this website!
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Gerald.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for uploading the front cover photo here and for the other one in Miscellaneous Images folder. I am most grateful to you.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

Any suggestions for us poor souls who find themselves overseas? I would love to get my hands on that book and supplement what I know about Ruby based on the book "Softly, Softly" and the web site.

Thanks much! :)

rbl.ca

Bernie's book

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, Tim.

Bernie advised me that the book is available on Amazon, and I have ordered one from Amazon.Canada, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting one.

Regards. :) Ralph

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Bernie,

I know that you have said that you did not want any items relating to the book putting upon the website.......However I have just finished reading my copy and I must tell fans and anyone else out there who is interested in showbusiness to make sure that they get a copy.

Once started I found that I could not put it down,but I am not going to give anything away except to say that Ruby fans must own this book.

Bernie well done,and as we have already indicated when does the next book start?

Best Wishes
Graham

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Graham,

Thank you for your comments on the book, I apreciate it. I just hope that other fans will feel the same way.

As I explained, the book took me two years to complete and I don't think I can spare two more years for another book.

Adios Amigo, Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Bernie,

Hope you are fine. I just wanted to reiterate what Graham said about the biography. I received mine at the weekend and I am currently reading it for the second time over and enjoying all.

Well done on an excellent piece of work.

Martin.

Bernie Burgess

Book Sales

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I shall be preparing to change my apartment over the next couple of months so it is best that all book equiries and sales are handled by Frank Bowles. His email address is: Frank@costadelsolgolfnews.com. Frank will be pleased to help you in any way he can regarding the book and it's purchase.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.