Ruby's eyes / Magazine article:

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
MARTIN FOSTER

Ruby's eyes / Magazine article:

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi guys and girls,

I have just been looking through my LPs and CDs of Ruby, admiring the sleeves, reading the sleeve notes and of course admiring Ruby's many charms. She was such a photogenic person, especially in colour. Anyway, I was just wondering what colour Ruby's eyes were. On the album "This is Ireland" they actually look brown but on all of the other pictures they look blue. Does anybody know the answer or perhaps Bernie is the most qualified? Ha ha!

On another note, I also wondered if anybody knows of or has seen an article the Mail on Saturday did around the time of Ruby's death. It was a large spread in the "Weekend" section and it had a nice picture of a young Ruby on the cover. I think she was standing in a garden.

Look forward to any replies so thank you in advance for any information.

Best wishes to all.

Martin.

Don Wearmouth

Re Daily Mail article....

Post by Don Wearmouth »

Hi Martin,

I have a copy of the Daily Mail weekend magazine you refer to...

Don.

Bernie Burgess

Ruby's Eyes.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin,

Ruby's eyes were blue. I also have a copy of The Weekend article some where in my collection but I can't remember the photo of Ruby in a garden. To jog my memory, and to save me a very long search, can you tell me what she is wearing and what colour is the dress is? Is it a full length shot? I can then give you more information about the shot.

When searching through my collection for photos to be included in the book, I came across a very nice photo of Ruby on the front of a Knitting magazine, it's one of the prettiest of Ruby that I have ever seen. There were quite a number of photos in Ruby's own collection which came into my possession after her passing, some of them I hadn't seen myself, the one from the knitting magazine was one of them. When Gerald comes to visit me here in Spain, at the end of June, I will get him to help me upload it so that those who haven't seen it can enjoy a very beautiful photo of Ruby.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for the information about Ruby's eyes. If you look at the LP "This is Ireland" they really do look brown.

From what I remember the picture was in a garden and there was a fountain in the background. I can't remember what Ruby was wearing but I think it was a full shot.

Perhaps Don could tell us more?

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I had not noticed before about Ruby's eyes on the This is Ireland LP but you are right, they do look brown. However, they are definitely blue on all the other LP covers in my collection!
Gerald

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Martin,

A Daily Mail "Weekend" magazine was published on the 8th February 1997
The front page contained a photograph of Ruby in a floral top,this picture can be found in the "Anthology" set...The heading on the magazine reads "Ruby Murray The first victim of pop stardom"

Inside there is a nice article and the photographs include one that I put upon the website of Ruby,Bernie and a very young Tim...Ruby with Tommy Cooper(also upon the website)a full page colour photo which was also used to promote the show"Ruby" this again is upon the website....The other photos are the family photo and a photo of Ruby holding a Welsh doll.......There is one more photograph which I had not seen before and that was of Ruby,Bernie ,Julie and Tim heading for Toronto in 1969.

Hope this helps Martin but of course there could well be another magazine containing the photograph which you seem to remember.

Best Wishes
Graham

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

That was a good question, Martin! :)

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi guys,

Just a quick message to say hi and thank you so much for the information.

Martin. :D