New CDs

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Jk

New CDs

Post by Jk »

Hi all, are any dates set yet for the new 4 CD release. :?: :) .
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Not yet, John, but we are still hoping for a date to coincide with the Golden Anniversary Celebrations in March.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Release Date

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John,

The latest email that I received from EMI gave the release date as being
March 21st. They say that it will coincide with the time when Ruby had the 5 hits in the charts at the same time.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Jk

4 Cds

Post by Jk »

Thanks for that Bernie, I can now tell you all that the 4 Cds can now be ordered At Amazon.

Anthology [BOX SET]
Ruby Murray

Our Price: £14.99

This item will be released on March 21, 2005. You may order it now and we will dispatch it to you when we receive it from our supplier.
Audio CD (March 21, 2005)

Number of Discs:4
Label: Emi
ASIN: B0007PL80E
Catalogue Number: 8609562
Regards
John.

Jk

Order CD

Post by Jk »

Regards
John.

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

OK, I found it on Amazon! Thanks.

I may have missed this. If so, I apologize. What will be included in the 4 CD Box Set?

Thanks!

Gerald Lawrence

Tim wrote:What will be included in the 4 CD Box Set?

Thanks!
Bernie, Brian Henson and I have been helping EMI with the content and we still have to see the final listing. But to give you an idea, the four disks are hoped to include (from the EMI catalogue)
- the 10 chart hit songs
- songs never before released to the public
- songs never before released on CD
- songs currently not available to buy on CD, even though they have been before, because they are now withdrawn
- some favourites from other CDs

We are anticipating a total of 100 songs.

If we succeed, then the entire EMI recordings of Ruby will all be available to buy on CD, taking into account the two other CDs still in the shops - "The Magic of Ruby Murray" and the 2on1 "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling", plus the Vocalion "Five Fabulous Females".

We shouldn't forget the lovely President release of just before Christmas, which gives us all of their catalogue of Ruby recordings. Apart from a small number of songs that are available on CD compilations, that just leaves the Phillips/Fontana releases that are currently not available to buy. It would be nice to have those as well, but even so, I think we can congratulate ourselves on a fitting Golden Anniversary Year tribute to our favourite singer.
Gerald

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

Truly outstanding! The more rare material, the better (in my humble opinion). Many songs in my collection were copied from vinyl and the recording quality is not very good.

I'm getting very excited about this!

Jk

Post by Jk »

:) Gerald, will any live recording be on the CD. I don't have any, although I know she did "Let Him Go Let Him Terry". :?: :D
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Jk wrote::) Gerald, will any live recording be on the CD. I don't have any, although I know she did "Let Him Go Let Him Terry". :?: :D
As I said elsewhere, we don't actually know the final listing yet, so I don't want to build up anybody's hopes, and I certainly do not want to put any pressure on EMI now they are in the home straight.

All I can say is that there are eight of Ruby's songs on the live Saint Patrick's Day LP, and we have asked if they can all be included in the new release, as they are not currently available to buy on CD in the UK.
Gerald