Ruby Murray C.D

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

Ruby Murray C.D

Post by Graham Bunn »

A new C.d is available called "St Patricks Week 1955" A double Celebration.......It contains 26tracks........They are taken from previously released albums ie "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" and "Endearing Young Charms"added to these two albums we have Nora Malone and five of her top twenty hits
The C.D cover is nice it is a coloured photo of Ruby I think it is one taken when she was leaving hospital after her tonsil operation

If you are interested in this C.D it is available from Amazon at £16.55

A further C.D has been released by Jasmine called "Softly Softly" and contains 31 tracks.......If you don't have the Anthology collection this is the C.D to purchase as it contains all Ruby's hits and many other wonderful songs sung as only she could
Graham

morticia365

Re: Ruby Murray photos - trying to contact her Son

Post by morticia365 »

Hello - not a reply but I don't know how to post a new topic- sorry.
I am trying to get in touch with Tim Murray - Ruby's Son as I have a number of photos of Ruby dating from the 1950's that belonged to my late Father and I would like to send them to him but have no contact details.
If anyone on the forum is in touch with him, could you please ask him to email me - morticia365@gmail.com
Thank you
Lesley

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Ruby Murray C.D

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hello Lesley, I look after this website, and I have a couple of email addresses for Tim. They haven't been used for a few years, but I have copied your message to him just in case he is still using them.

I will post again here if I get any sort of reply, but you may hear direct from him anyway at your own email address.

Best wishes,
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Graham Bunn wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:12 am
A new C.d is available called "St Patricks Week 1955" A double Celebration.......It contains 26tracks........They are taken from previously released albums ie "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" and "Endearing Young Charms"added to these two albums we have Nora Malone and five of her top twenty hits
The C.D cover is nice it is a coloured photo of Ruby I think it is one taken when she was leaving hospital after her tonsil operation

If you are interested in this C.D it is available from Amazon at £16.55

A further C.D has been released by Jasmine called "Softly Softly" and contains 31 tracks.......If you don't have the Anthology collection this is the C.D to purchase as it contains all Ruby's hits and many other wonderful songs sung as only she could
Thank you for this information Graham, and it is good to see you still remember us here! As you have suggested, we have reached a situation where all of Ruby's songs are available on CD with the exception of the Phillips Fontana releases. In spite of considerable efforts by Bernie to track down the tape masters, plus some unfulfilled promises by a certain person, they remain only available in their original release format.

You are right about the picture on the first CD being when Ruby left hospital - I have just checked in my collection! Someone has tinted it because the original is in black and white.

Regarding the second release, it is interesting that the track numbers follow exactly the order in which the songs were released, so that Track 1 comes from the first 78 disc released in September 1954 and Track 31 was released in December 1962 on a 45 rpm record.

I hope these two CD releases sell many copies.
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:23 am
Hello Lesley, I look after this website, and I have a couple of email addresses for Tim. They haven't been used for a few years, but I have copied your message to him just in case he is still using them.

I will post again here if I get any sort of reply, but you may hear direct from him anyway at your own email address.

Best wishes,
Hello again Lesley. I am sorry to say that both email addresses have come back with "unable to deliver" messages, meaning they are no longer in use. I will see if there is any other way to contact Tim.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Gerald . . . You could suggest sending the photos to me because my colletion is massive but there just might be some that are not in my collection