Just keeping Ruby's memory alive

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
guider

Just keeping Ruby's memory alive

Post by guider »

I am a member of a facebook group called Vintage Music Corners and am pleased to say that once again Ruby's Music has been posted. Its a group where links to You Tube videos are posted. The one posted today was Softly Softly but I often post something different. That of course leads me to continue on Youtube and everything stop while I have a "Ruby afternoon" playing every song I can find. Right up till I am called for dinner or whatever lol...It's playing Scarlet Ribbons at the moment....hmmm I think that group needs to hear this LOL
Have a good day and remember to keep it Ruby XX

Lots of love

Betty
Best wishes
Betty

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Just keeping Ruby's memory alive

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Well done Betty, keep up the good work!
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Betty. . .I also would like to congratulate you on your marathon 'Listen' to Ruby's recordings.. I am delighted by all the current renewed interest in Ruby and her recordings. I shall eagerly look into the newly released tracks with great interest. Strange that sometime ago I contacted Jasmine Records to inquire whether they had any plans to release some of Ruby's tracks, I didn't make any headway with them at that time. I congratulate them now on quickly following up on the current renewal of interest in Ruby's recordings

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Here is a copy of an email that I have just sent to Timmer. -

How good it is that there is renewed interest in Ruby, her career and recordings. I assume you have followed up on the news that I mentioned to you earlier regarding the new play that was staged at The Lyric Theatre in Belfast. As a result of a series of recorded interviews with me personally in which Michael Cameron compiled all the stories that l related to him and used them all in his new play. I was invited to the opening perfomance and I was astonished by the success of the play. When Michael told me that he was intending on making a one act play with just one actress playing the part as Ruby I was inclined to be very sceptical, due to the fact that I considered that the Ruby Murray story is an immense one that could not be told in one act. However, I was delighted by the success of the play and astounded by the brilliance of the performance given by Libby Smyth's portrayal as Ruby, she was fantastic. The show played to full houses at the Lyric Theatre and is currently touring various theatres in Northern Ireland,. Later in the year the show will be brought back to the Lyric Theatre for a return engagement. Long may this current wave of interest in Ruby last.

guider

Post by guider »

I am keeping my fingers crossed that one day the Play may come to England, so I can go see it.
Still posting Ruby's songs on the Facebook group, I always mention her as "My ALL TIME Favourite singer" and always will.

Love to all XX
Betty
Best wishes
Betty