Library reopened

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Re: Library reopened

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hi Tim, the Preview Feature certainly works very well indeed for pictures and Text (.txt files). For documents, music files, and videos I get offered to view or download, and there is not really any difference in the time it takes to do either of these things. A preview would be useful, but I guess more complicated to provide.

I have now checked out the Lyrics section. The very first entry lists all the lyrics for the songs in the 4 CD Anthology collection, so this list duplicates many other song lyrics that are also on the list. You could save some space if you wanted to.

Further comments:
Page 2 Item 3 can be deleted (is the same as Page 1 Item 10 which is spelt correctly)
Page 3 Item 3 can be deleted (same as Item 1)
Page 3 Item 4 is not a lyric and could be moved to Documents section
Page 3 Item 5 is superseded by the website page for Song List and so can be deleted
Page 3 Item 7 can be deleted
Page 3 Item 8 can be deleted (Song List on the website)
Page 3 Item 9 can be deleted

Work completed on this section!
Gerald

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

I like your action list. Thanks!

The "preview" function always requires a click. So, in that respect, it's always a guaranteed extra click vs. the old method of using an open icon. The only real benefit is the visual information regarding file type and what will happen upon click. (New tab vs. download.)

In that respect, I feel the extra click is worth it. Perhaps not the best from a purely #UX point of view, however.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I have checked the third section called Miscellaneous Images.

Page 1 Item 5 can be deleted
Page 4 item 8 is not as titled, and can be deleted because Item 7 is a better copy of that picture

Other than that, there are a few pictures which would be better if rotated. I think I can do this, but at the moment I cannot delete anything from the library and anyway I don't seem to have the ability to upload files to the Library to replace the deleted ones! No hurry on this little problem, though.
Gerald