Rubys portrait

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Sandy and Gerald,

Thank you both so much for posting the wonderful photos of Rubys portrait upon the website they have given me so much pleasure.

I'm so pleased that the posting created interest and resulted in the photographs......It was just that I was curious as to what had happened to the portrait.

Nice photo of you too Bernie I only wish that I had seen the portrait close up like Sandy and Gerald but the Photos are wonderful compensation and it was also nice to hear about the other items of Rubys that you have.

Sorry in the delay in thanking you both but the computer has been playing up and I have been off the air or several days.

Belated Birthday Wishes to you John

Best Wishes
Graham

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Graham.

I was most surprised at how well the portrait photographed. I know that Gerald used his magic wand again to enhance the portrait, it looks magnificent. Pity about the old fella by the side of it.

If ever you get the opportunity to take a few days off you would be welcome to my humble abode. Antoinette and I are planning to go away for a few weeks in the oncoming winter so perhaps sometime in the Spring might be a good time to fly over to visit me and see the portrait and the other memorabilia that I have at first hand???

My very best wishes. Adios Amigo, Bernie.

John Harris

Post by John Harris »

Delighted to follow the discussion of Ruby's portrait. I admired it every time I visited Ruby and Bernie at Wootton, and was touched to see it again when Tim and Julie kindly drove me back to the reception after the funeral at the end of 1996. I have a nice photograph of all three of us taken in front of it, with Ruby smiling down on us, as I'm sure she was and always will. I'm afraid I have not been able to put my hands on the photo since following the present discussion, but will send it to someone to include in the picture library when I finally do find it.
The reception was a subdued affair, but it was nice to meet other members of Ruby's family, and we shared some wonderful memories of her. I remember Bernie did not feel able to attend, which we all understood.
Quite apart from the nostalgia of seeing the portrait again, I was so glad to have made the journey to Devon to attend the event, but will not dwell on it any further now, as I am sure we all only want to remember the many happy things about dear Ruby.
Kindest regards to all,
John from Norfolk.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John,

I would like to add a little to your message, also without dwelling on the subject. Apart from the fact that I was devastated by the very sad occasion in '96, I had to drive Marie Murphy back to Birminham to catch her flight to Belfast. I would not like to have to do a journey like that one again, it was extremely sad.

On a lighter note, I look forward to seeing your photograph when you manage to upload it. I hope that you might also find a way of uploading the photos that you took in Belfast, at the unveiling ceremony.

Kindest regards. Adios Amigo. Bernie.