The Ruby Murray browser logo

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

The Ruby Murray browser logo

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Does anybody else apart from me get the little RM logo in the top left hand corner of their browser window?

I would have thought by now somebody would have noticed it and made a comment. It took me hours to work out how to make one, and get it loaded onto the website so that it would display properly! Oh well (shrugs shoulders) c'est la vie.

At least I like it!
Gerald

rbl.ca

URL logo (icon)

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, Gerald.

I noticed it a few weeks ago, and thought it was very good. Even the font is reminiscent of Ruby's autograph.
I had been thinking that Timmer was probably responsible, but now I know you deserve the credit. Well done.

Sure, now we all know how deep your obsession is.

Just kidding.
Ralph

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Gerald, yes I also noticed right away, but thought I would hang back with the thanks to see how long others would notice it. A lot of the big firms use logo's now, one of the first was Amazon, and Argos. They don't always show up though for instance yours is not showing at the moment, it has got the the INTERNET explorer e.

Anyhow job well done again, thank you.
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you guys.

I should perhaps explain that as every change I make to www.rubymurray.org is done on my own computer, then uploaded to Timmer's server, I am never quite sure whether what I am seeing is local to me, or something that everyone can see. So while the thanks are appreciated, it is really confirmation that everyone can see the change that I am after.

John, if you are not seeing it, this may help. I understand that the web page has to be on your Favourites list for the logo to register. I also discovered that if you have had www.rubymurray.org as a favourite since before I put the RM logo on, then you probably won't see it until you first delete it from the favourites, close Internet Explorer, restart your computer, then put it back in the favourites list. Then it should appear.

Ralph, you are right about obsession! My wife is quite relieved that it keeps me out from under her feet all day. I didn't set out to mimic Ruby's signature, but to find a font that was reasonably visible, the logo being so small on my screen, but I am glad it reminds you of the way Ruby used to sign things.
Gerald

rbl.ca

Add to Favourites

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi.
Gerald, I not only have rubymurray.org on my list of Favourites, I have designated it my Home Page so that every morning when I turn on my computer and start IE, the first thing I see is your wonderful home page and Ruby's beautiful face.
It lights up my day.

Talk about obsession.
Best wishes to all.
Ralph

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

I just got on and I just noticed it. Good job!