Rubys Collection

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

Rubys Collection

Post by Graham Bunn »

I think we all collect items at some stage in our lives,mine has always been records and Ruby memorabilia.........A newspaper cutting yellow with age reads as follows.

"Pity Poor Ruby She's A Star Without A Home "
Ruby indicates that she wants a nice house,comfortably furnished before she would consider having a family.
It states that Ruby collects dolls picked up in her travels and at this moment in time has around twenty( so it seems that Ruby also had the collecting bug)

Bernie this little section may interest you.

"Although we've been married since August we haven't got a home of our own,we just move from hotel to hotel.
Twice we saw bungalows we liked but our surveyor found something wrong with them.Then we fancied a £5,000 one in an exhibition but we can't find land near London for it.

Going back to collecting and a blast from the past from Bernie re Don Lang.

I remember him so well from the Six Five Special Show and another cutting I have shows Ruby in a fur coat leaving the St Mary's Hospital with a doll mascot given to her by husband Bernie Burgess while she was ill and the first T.V date Ruby undertook after this appendix operation was on Six Five Special.

I can't remember which record she would be promoting

Best Wishes
Graham

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Graham, Hello friends,

Some to ago, perhaps 2/3yrs, Gerald flew to Spain to see me. We spent hours going through albums, boxes of photographs and press cuttings. It took most of Gerald's stay to get through the mountain of photos, (and acetate recordings, which is where we found some unreleased tracks) but the press cuttings had to wait until another time. I have never got back to the task but I really must do that and at the same time get them into so kind of order. It will be quite an undertaking because of the numbers. I daresay that there will be a large number that will be duplicating certain topics but it will be a labour of love. The boxes that they are stored in have been transported from one place to another over a period of many years and are in a sorry state now, so all the more reason for setting aside some time to create order.

I remember the house hunting period very well, the house we wanted was one that we saw at the Ideal Home exhibition, it was superb and we were disappointed that we couldn't have one built. I often wonder what price our house in Oxshott would go on the market for now. Ralph sent me a satellite view of it a month or so ago, it was in a very pretty residential area. Max Bygraves has a house a mile or two down the road towards Leatherhead.

Kindest regards to everyone,

Adios Amigos. Bernie.