Ruby's 'Fit up' Shows.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Ruby's 'Fit up' Shows.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends.

Whilst rummaging through boxes of photos and memorabilia, I came across a very early photograph of Ruby which was taken in the days when she was touring Ireland in one of the 'fit up' shows. To explain the 'Fit up' term, it's a show that travells as a sort of package which includes such things as curtains, wardrobe, props, sometimes cameo pieces of scenery and a few lights, as well as the cast and their baggage, all together, usually on a lorry or a converted bus.

I emailed it to Gerald so that he could weave his magic and post it on the Forum. I am surprised at the result he has once again achieved.

My thanks to Gerald and his magic wand.

P.S. Watch this space, as I am rummaging I might find a few more photos that might be of interest.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Bernie,

I really like that picture of Ruby. She only looks about 16 bless her. Do you have any idea of the year it was taken and also who the other people are in the group, in particular the two ladies. I wonder how Ruby sounded in those very early days.

Well done Gerald it looks good!

Martin. :D

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hi Bernie and Gerald.

Bernie thank you so much for a new photograph of Ruby,we have waited a long time for one to be added to the library.

Gerald as usual you have put your stamp upon it and it looks good.

Bernie I do hope that you can find more and that we can share them with you.

Best Wishes
Graham

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Many thanks. This was the first of a number of photographs which Bernie wanted me to put in the library, but as you may have noticed I have "been away" for a while. Part of this was down to a holiday in Berlin, but most of it has simply been a number of other important jobs to get done.

The most pleasurable of these, and which has taken an enormous amount of time has been preparing for my flute examination. I decided a year ago to learn to play the flute, and this year my teacher thought I should take an exam, so it has been a lot of hard work! I took the exam yesterday, but I won't know the result for a while - let's hope for the best!

As a result, Bernie has switched his request for help to John, and you have all seen the good results he has been getting adding the photos. I must now make some copies on my computer, since they are all good looking photographs of Ruby.
Gerald