New website page

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

New website page

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Gerald,
Although you have not posted anything I guess the new website page is down to you.

Looks really nice and you have used one of my favourite photographs of Ruby.

Thanks Gerald just wish my roses had done as good as those surrounding Ruby.

Best Wishes
Graham

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

What can I say???? It's really great. Like Graham, it is one of my favourite photos of Ruby. What the 'friends' don't know is that Gerald told me of his exciting plans and he used the photo that I said was my favourite just to especially please me and told me about using Ruby's favourite flowers - Roses. I really do appreciate your efforts Gerald, it looks brilliant.

A big round of applause for Gerald. --- All togther now Aplause Applause.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.
Last edited by Bernie Burgess on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Gerald, yes I have just seen the new page and agree with Graham and Bernie it looks great, well done again and thank you.
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you! I have only just updated the Home Page this afternoon, went away to get something else done, and I have just come back to post a message about it only to read that three guys have beaten me to it! Well done, eagle-eyes.

I told Bernie a couple of months ago that I thought the Home Page needed some flowers on it to break up the green background a bit and it was then that he asked me if I could change the picture of Ruby to his favourite black and white one. He also said that Ruby used to like roses a lot, so there we are - design complete!

I first saw the photograph on the EMI CD Card relating to the year 1955 and that one is tinted pink. I sent it to Timmer and so the pink one has been in the library for several years. It was only later that I saw the original in black and white. To get the picture of Ruby to float over the background, I have to use some software that electronically "cuts" round the outline. As Ruby was wearing some chiffon-looking sleeves that was quite a tricky job. But I am pleased with the result.

The roses came from a website advertising rose bushes for sale on the internet, so I picked some of my own favourite colours and downloaded them for placing on our Home Page.
Gerald