Two More Photographs

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

Two More Photographs

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hi Folks,
Bernie kindly sent me two photographs that I required and asked if they could be posted upon the website for all to see.

John has done the hard work and uploaded them for me,I hope you all enjoy them
Take care
Graham

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Graham,

The titles that you chose for the two recently uploaded photos are really very descriptive. Regarding 'Dear Daddy' - That was taken at Rectory Cottage in 1965, shortly after Tim was born. Incidentally I am still in touch with the current owners of the cottage and they are very friendly towards me.

The wedding cake shot. Everything happened so swiftly but I can remember every detail about that day, and the events leading up to it. Ruby will always be the LOVE OF MY LIFE and I am priviledged to have not only met her but to have been married to her. The odds that were stacked against us were mountainous and in the end overwhelmed us. The happy ending was OURS - we became like a married couple once again when I took her on the occasional drive from the Nursing Home to the cliff tops in Babbacombe. We sat holding hands and reminiscing for a while before she had to return, unfortunately for more medication. I more or less took up residence at the Nursing Home and was so very grateful to share the short time that she had left to live. The likes of Ruby will never be seen in show business ever again. She will always be fondly remembered, not only by me but by all of her fans/friends.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.