A Welcome Viewer.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

A Welcome Viewer.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Friends,

I see that the latest viewer to register on to the website is a Northamptonian, welcome my friend. I hope that you will stay around and enjoy all the data concerning Ruby. Because we lived in the village of Wootton, on the outskirts of the town, for many years, Ruby can qualify as being half Northamptonian? Please tell us more about how you came to view the website and perhaps a few details about yourself? You will find that we are a friendly bunch.

More news concerning the commemorative plaque to be erected on the facia of the Ulster Hall in Belfast City Centre. My last report on my negotiations with the Belfast City Council resulted in them telling me that the plaque would be erected either before the million pound refurbishment of the Ulster Hall, taken down whilst work is in progress and replaced after completion. or, after the work had been completed. The latter is their decision. The work commences next month and will be complete towards the end of the year, then the plaque will be erected. A little later than I had hoped but nevertheless we have 'lift off'. When I get an exact date I will place the details on the messageboard. There was also a hint that they might be interested in Tim's Tribute show, I am following that up right now.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

max1956bikes

meeting ruby

Post by max1956bikes »

hi im bernie im richard from northampton you will find a few from here as ruby was talked about on local radio on 22 04 05.altough im only 49 years old i love ruby singing.my dad was a big fan he died nearly 20 years ago.he used to tell me that with my mum olso died some years ago.that they took yourself and ruby out to dinner.my dad worked at jay beam ariels and did radio shows.he also said ruby sang to him at restrant i would love to know what the song was.it was only about 40 years ago.so when i hear ruby sing on radio i get tingles down my back.i only recently seen a photo of ruby and what a beutiful girl she was.so i imangine when she sat next to my dad looked into his eyes and sang is a wonderful memory.my dads name was george hewitt.

Jk

Welcome

Post by Jk »

Hi, I also would like to welcome you to this great site. I am sure when you have had time to look around, and listened to some of the song samples, you will be very much a Ruby fan. I see you are not as old has some us, but we have one or two members quite a bit younger than you.

I also would like to take this opportunity in asking all the "Guests" that look into the site everyday, to do what Max has done and register. One day last week, we had 24 guests that looked in, yet no one registered, so come on, lets see who you are, then we can welcome you too.
Last edited by Jk on Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Guest Viewers

Post by Bernie Burgess »

To John.K.

Regarding the 'Guest' viewers, you're doing a fine job John. Let us hope that they heed your words and be welcomed to the website.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.