Bernie's 80th Birthday

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
John Harris

Bernie's 80th Birthday

Post by John Harris »

Two days early - Happy Birthday, Bernie, and congratulations on becoming an octogenarian! (Don't suppose many of your friends will believe it possible!) Afraid I might not be able to get to a computer on Thursday, but will be thinking of you and will drink your health. Will also try to be in touch more regularly again on the website. Greetings from Norfolk - also to all other friends. Feliz cumpleanos, y viva mil anos! Con muchos saludos, John.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John.

SSSHHHH!!! I was hoping that it would slip passed by unnoticed.

As I have said so many times before, - I'm 27 and anything else is a communist lie.

Adios Amigo Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Bernie's Birthday

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hello Bernie,

John beat me to it - you will now see that the Home Page gives you a nice good wish for your birthday (although I was not brave enough to mention how old you are! :oops: )

Congratulations and many more years to come! :D

Thank you from me personally for the fantastic pictures, original songs, stories and all the other wealth of information about Ruby that you have provided so freely and willingly to this website. Without your valuable contribution the site would be all the poorer. I for one am so pleased that you decided in the very early days to join us here to remember a truly great singer.
Gerald

Mytc

Post by Mytc »

MANY HAPPY RETURNS BERNIE, SEEMS LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY YOU WERE A DASHING 25YR OLD :roll: Ross x
'Que Sera Sera'

Tomorrow is another day.

rbl.ca

80th

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, Bernie.

Happy #80. Don't celebrate too much.

Best wishes for many more.

Ralph

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Bernie, congratulations on your "Very Special Birthday". Hope you have a great day. Whats it like to be 27? Will speak to you when you come on-line.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for all your very kind greetings. Despite the fact that I tried to hide away from it, the boss man upstairs does not allow cheating so I must come to terms with it. I did put in a request to him to see if he would allow me to turn around and go backwards from here but he declinced that request too. It seems I am compelled to grow old disgacefully.

Special thanks to Gerald for his comments. I think we all agree that Gerald is the tower of strength behind the website and all it's technical requirements. Keep it up Gerald you are doing a fine job.

In passing, a word to Graham - my last email to you this morning was once again returned to me, it must be something to do with you having an over sensitive spamfilter???

I must say that it is so good to see that Ralph is still keeping very much in touch with the website. Having such keen interest from so far away is very gratifying indeed. Stick with us Ralph because you too are greatly apprecaited

Well done too to J.K. for taking care of all the uploading of photos for me and for the many Skype conversations we have together.

Adios Amigos (Heres to the next 80yrs?????) Bernie the octogenarian.(Doesn't it look awful in print?)

[/u]

Brian Henson

Post by Brian Henson »

It looks like I missed the party. Any cake left?

Belated birthday greetings, Bernie

from Brian

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Brian,

Unfortunately, as the old gag states - the cake collapsed under the weight of the candles - ALL 27 of 'em.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hello Bernie,

Belated happy birthday to you. I hope you had a very happy day and I wish you many more to come in good health.

Best wishes.

Martin ;-)